RFS Digitail traffic

BerryV

Re: RFS Digitail traffic

Post by BerryV » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:01 pm

soupbones wrote:Well this is a scanning forum, and I doubt the majority of people here would even know there was more then one format of Talk group numbers.
Please remember that, and that its not BatLabs.
Your joking yea ? I guess your next statement will be that I should be around your place programming your scanner because you don't want to read the user manual on the internet.

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:56 pm

You could always post the talkgroups in both hex and motorola format to confuse the issue even more :D :D

soupbones

Post by soupbones » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:49 am

Thanks

E=MC2

Post by E=MC2 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:58 am

The worst thing anyone in this group could do is let friends, Mates and the very worst of all neighbours know that you are in to all things tech. If you can do it they will not have to read, understand and do what is needed to setup there new very expensive piece of gear as you will do all the hard work for them. I am sure that these people have my name is speed dial and yes I showed them how to use that to. So I have to move south and get around my nice quite, small town like the very nice but quite Amish gent I am. It will be like living in Iraq 1990 - 2003, my dish is a fish pond during daylight hours my antenna system is a very long cloths line and you get the rest. So where would a nice Amish bloke like me like to live ? Hight is might so much closer to God and a nice cool temp's through summer as I my need to work on my cloths line and fish pond through the summer months. But not to cold as the vertical and horizontal cloths-lines seem to work better on the warmer nights during summer. I would be very grateful for any helpful and no unpleasant help is required in finding me this nice location with the above Spec's / God Given Qualities. 73z / God Bless E=MC2 :P :D

BerryV

Post by BerryV » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:47 am

Are you sure your not a catholic priest E=MC2 ?

soupbones

Post by soupbones » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:22 am

My point was that the Motorola fanboys should maybe be a bit more considerate to the rest of the forum members when posting talk groups and use the more general formats that are used in the scanning arena.
Seems to be a common thing across the scanning forums I have noticed. All that was asked was to be maybe a bit more considerate of your fellow forum members.

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:00 am

soupbones, its a very basic calculation to convert talkgroups from hex into Uniden Decimal(aka common scanner talkgroups) or from motorola to said format.

You just have to google it and will find the stuff you need to plug into Excel.

When I first got into scanning I had no flipping idea talkgroups could be expressed in Hex or Motorola but when i went digging to learn more about my hobby then i was amazed.

BerryV

Post by BerryV » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:37 pm

soupbones wrote:My point was that the Motorola fanboys should maybe be a bit more considerate to the rest of the forum members when posting talk groups and use the more general formats that are used in the scanning arena.
Seems to be a common thing across the scanning forums I have noticed. All that was asked was to be maybe a bit more considerate of your fellow forum members.
And my point is that people like yourself are lazy and expect information to be handed on a platter. When I have found information in the past I record it all into one location. Then from that information start to work things out.

I don't believe in a free ride, you give and you will receive!. Spend a few mins reading google and some radio sites. You will learn a lot about more radios and scanners instead of just hitting the scan button.

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:12 pm

agree with you BerryV... thats how I learnt.. I asked a few questions like where should I be looking and then went on my merry way reading/screwing things up and figuring out what I did wrong.

I think come to think of it if I had not learnt on my own I would still be back using my 245xlt wondering why it would not pickup the police in sydney.

soupbones

Post by soupbones » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:29 pm

Trust me, I know a lot about giving and not receiving when it comes to scanning forums. Thats why I don't bother any more.