Forbidden

scanSydney
Site Admin

Re: Forbidden

Post by scanSydney » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:02 am

After more investigation, it seems the server is blocking posts which have more than 3 links in a post through mod_security. For example, each site in the GRN Site topic has 3 links, the ACMA link, the GRN coverage link, and the Google Maps link. Without the links, it goes through, and only leaving one site with links, it go through. I'll see what the host can do about this given I can't do anything from our end. Hopefully they can resolve it!

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:53 am

Thanks very much for letting us know, hopefully there's something that can be done?

Andrew

matthewn1983

Post by matthewn1983 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:38 am

Was just having a quick look at that scenario on a few forums, possible solution is to add the following lines to the .htaccess file in the root of the board.
SecFilterEngine Off (*disables mod_security im assuming)
SecFilterScanPOST Off
SecFilterInheritance Off
http://www.askapache.com/htaccess/modse ... orm_fields
must be treating the URL's as spam.

scanSydney
Site Admin

Post by scanSydney » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:52 pm

matthewn1983 wrote:Was just having a quick look at that scenario on a few forums, possible solution is to add the following lines to the .htaccess file in the root of the board.
SecFilterEngine Off (*disables mod_security im assuming)
SecFilterScanPOST Off
SecFilterInheritance Off
http://www.askapache.com/htaccess/modse ... orm_fields
must be treating the URL's as spam.
Tried this out, but the server throws an Internal Server Error when I put this in the file. Apache is blocking any attempt at changing/circumventing mod_security features. The host did reply this morning, and they're going to look into whitelisting what we're being given/relaxing the security with a bit more investigation. Will keep you updated.

scanSydney
Site Admin

Post by scanSydney » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:14 pm

All, the host has now rectified the issue after identifying what was triggering mod_security. Bigfella237, could you please try and modify your topic and let me know how it goes?

Big thanks to Bigfella237 & matthewn1983, and of course the host, for helping me out with the issue!

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:47 pm

Hooray! All appears to be good again now, the forum just allowed me to submit a change to the list so it seems to be fixed?

Thanks again to SS and MattN for the assistance!

Andrew