Vicradio Zone Forum

matthewn1983

Vicradio Zone Forum

Post by matthewn1983 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:15 pm

The Vicradio Zone forum has been shutdown, a statement on their website;
NEWS: The forums experiment is over. They weren’t really being used in the capacity I’d hoped for and they seemed a bit hit and miss. Thanks to those who contributed and did share some of their findings and knowledge
Their blog is still active however, and some current(?) MMR and other emergency service information published.

I know its not Sydney related, but I know a few members here were following what was going on down in Victoria, especially with the CFA updates.

freqwaves

Re: Vicradio Zone Forum

Post by freqwaves » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:11 pm

As more agencies go digital people are losing interest in scanning. Unless you want to sit there with a computer/laptop wired into a discriminator tap on a radio. Not practical if you want to go mobile! Unless the radio scanner companies keep up with these new technologies people will look at other interests to follow.
All I seem to listen to now is GRN, Airband or my local shopping centre security.

cartman

Re: Vicradio Zone Forum

Post by cartman » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:21 am

I think the issue stopping mass production of digital scanners is the patent tied up with AMBE+2 vocoder owned by DVSI. It is proprietary information.
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview