USPS snail mail delivery times.

Mike Alpha

USPS snail mail delivery times.

Post by Mike Alpha » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:42 pm

I ordered a SDR dongle from NooElec with standard USPS shipping. I was told it would take about 10 days for delivery. 10 days elapsed and they contacted me to see if it had arrived. I said no. They then said the standard delivery time for Australia was 2 - 6 weeks. It's been 6 weeks now and still nothing - for a small pouch with a USB dongle in it! They now say they can't put an investigation on the order for 45 days.

Has anyone else had this kind of delay in shipping from the states?

Mike
PS. Tracking information stopped at US outgoing point 1 day after the order was placed.

matthewn1983

Re: USPS snail mail delivery times.

Post by matthewn1983 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:55 pm

We orderes some from HK, 2 week turn around. Just ordered 5 more on Saturday I'll let u know the seller and when it arrives to confirm the waiting time.

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:46 pm

Sorry Mike but after 6 weeks I'd say it's gone?

I've long suspected that there's only one mail flight a week from the US to AUS as everything I've ordered seems to always leave there on a Wednesday morning (their time) and arrive here on a Thursday evening (our time)?

USPS generally has two options, Express or Priority. If it gets to the plane in time, Express will allow something purchased on a Monday or Tuesday to arrive the following Monday or Tuesday (so roughly a week in transit), stepping down to Priority adds about a week.

It's not uncommon for tracking to cease once it leaves the US as Australia Post doesn't always seem forward the info to the USPS, but try entering the tracking number on the AusPost website and see if you get any more information?

Andrew

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi all,
Australia post have gotten pretty shocking in recent times. For instance my wife ordered a T-Shirt from Queensland and it took 10 days to get here.

Pretty unreasonable if you ask me. The mail just seems to be getting worse and worse too.

Cheers
VK2MRC

Mike Alpha

Post by Mike Alpha » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:03 pm

matthewn1983 wrote:We orderes some from HK, 2 week turn around. Just ordered 5 more on Saturday I'll let u know the seller and when it arrives to confirm the waiting time.
I've never had a drama with stuff from HK either. I bought the NooElec dongle with the TCXO and I think they're only available from NooElec USA.

Mike

Mike Alpha

Post by Mike Alpha » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:10 pm

Longreach wrote:Hi all,
Australia post have gotten pretty shocking in recent times.
Cheers
I think our mailman is dyslexic. Every week I get mail for various neighbours up the street and they get mine. :shock:

Mike

Mike Alpha

Post by Mike Alpha » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:16 pm

Bigfella237 wrote:...but try entering the tracking number on the AusPost website and see if you get any more information?

Andrew
Tried that and no go. I wait.....

Cheers
Mike

cartman

Post by cartman » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:51 am

It must a US Post/Australia Post arrangement because the private operators are daily eg UPS34 (MD11 freighter) flies into Sydney every day from Honolulu between 3 and 4pm
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview