Broadband

sw sydney scanner

Broadband

Post by sw sydney scanner » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:08 pm

Hi all just wondering what companies people on the forum use! What they think of them and price!! I live near Liverpool and was looking at setting up a new provider for my broadband Telstra a bit to much at $ 80 month for 50g and I'm only using 15-20g a month!! Have home phone with them too!! Am willing to bundle all together just wonder what people use and what good deals are available!! Had a look at Dodo $59:00 month unlimited incl home phone but have seen poor reviews any help appreciated!!
Thanks sw sydney scanner. Using UBCD396T

Chrisco

Re: Broadband

Post by Chrisco » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:48 pm

I am on the same $80/month "unlimited" 50gb + 3per year free top ups with Bigpond I have been with them for a while now, home phone is with Optus but mobiles(personal and business) with Telstra. Thinking getting Foxtel So I am also looking at bundles from both Telstra and Optus.
Anyway no help to you @sw sydney scanner
Uniden UBCD996T x3 | UBCT-9 | UBCD396T | UBC61XLT | UM423AM | MC2800 | UBC60XLT | ICOM IC-41s/w | IC-M34 | USDS100 | SDR |IC-400PRO
twitter/IG

astro_boy

Post by astro_boy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:01 am

Running both TPG internet and Exetel (adsl2+) here for a a few years and cant really fault them.
Though in saying that you do get what you pay for, support may be slightly limiting & at peak usage times you may see some slight side effects.
I pay $50 & $30/month for 100GB which is plenty & bundling a home phone is also an option if your exchange supports it.
Both also provide mobile services too (on Optus network) which are generally a better deal then optus plans.

I would personally reconsider your thoughts on foxtel, its pretty much a dying duck, ads ads and so many ads not to mention repeats.
You'll be best to investigate the many (and much cheaper) streaming services for tv/movies currently becoming available.
Unless you're after Sports coverage, then you’re a bit stuck there.

BrisbaneScan

Post by BrisbaneScan » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:45 pm

although im not in Sydney i am using Optus Cable for Personal and Telstra ADSL2+ for Business and Web Hosting, Optus is rather fast with a 100MB Connect and telstra is around 20MB
to many radios as 255 characters is not enough :)