Side Lined and New Career Pathing

JAFO

Side Lined and New Career Pathing

Post by JAFO » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:20 pm

Well after starting Retained Service some 33 years ago, and progressing to Permanent Service 26 years ago . . . it looks like my Operational Days have come to an end . . . having been side lined with Prostate Cancer and blood clotting.

So now side steeped and working in the logistics' Support side the Brigade with NDH - Natural Disaster & Humanitarian Section or what most would know as FRNSW USAR Logistic Support or in my case - Natural Disability & Handicaps . . . hehehe

With only 3 Permanent FFs in the NDH Section . . . the section has been very very busy the past month . . . being run off their feet setting up Base Camps across the state with the flood response . . . and with no real end in site . . . it's looking at being a long December too.

Apart from the Flood Response, NSW Comes back On-line taking over from Qld for International USAR Response as of 1st January 2023 . . . so Our International USAR Cache needs to be rotated and re-certified by 1st January 2023 . . . so busy time to start a career change.
JAFO
VK2FGQ

UBCD369XT, UBCD536-PT, UBCD436-PT

JAFO

Re: Side Lined and New Career Pathing

Post by JAFO » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:10 pm

Well Have a New Role within FRNSW.

August I was successful in securing a New Role as Community Fire Unit Officer - East (Callsign CFU03). Been in the position since 3rd October. Taken a while to work things out, but I am enjoying the new role, training our New Volunteer, doing many Klm's replacing equipment, and a very good chance I'll never enter another burning building again.

A good Role for the next 10 years into retirement.

:-)
JAFO
VK2FGQ

UBCD369XT, UBCD536-PT, UBCD436-PT

Wonky

Re: Side Lined and New Career Pathing

Post by Wonky » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:05 pm

Nice transition to retirement role JAFO...hopefully