Auto Logging ID's - any suitable programs?

Scotty

Auto Logging ID's - any suitable programs?

Post by Scotty » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:41 pm

When you hold on a control channel with the UBCD996T (and 396T) the display cycles through all talkgroup ID's that are currently using a site.

I use this sometimes as a quick way to see what users are using a site at any time.

Is there a program that allows you to log these talkgroup ID's while in this mode? I've tried bcTool, ID Tracker and another one (that name excapes me right now!) but can't seem to find one that logs all the ID's.

I assume Trunk88 etc has this type of cabability, but I don't have a discriminator output so am looking at something that can run solely from the serial connection.

Scotty

matthewn1983

Re: Auto Logging ID's - any suitable programs?

Post by matthewn1983 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:48 pm

http://www.psredit.com/pro96com/index.html
that does p25, not sure about analog cc's.

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:39 pm

Thanks.

Looks like a top program, but seems you need a discriminator output to run properly. I've installed it but can't get it working on analog - or digital for that matter. Will definately keep it for later though!

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:11 pm

Without a discriminator tap on your T-model scanner there's not a lot of options...

If you had a GRE PSR-600 I would suggest the Pro96Com software. http://www.psredit.com/pro96com/index.html

If you had a Uniden XT scanner I would suggest UniTrunker to decode the Ctrl Ch via the serial port (using the CCDump feature) http://www.unitrunker.com/

If you want to tag RIDs you really can't go past ScanRec Pro (used with a Uniden XT scanner) http://www.davee.com/srpro/index.php. It will record the scanner audio while, at the same time, logging TGIDs & RIDs so you can go back, listen to the audio (for callsigns or talkgroup names) and see which TGID/RID it corresponds to.

Might be time to start writing that letter to Santa!

Andrew

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:00 pm

XT version hey, bugger, I didn't get the T model that long ago!

bcTool is also a great app for logging, tagging, recording etc. Been using it for a while with the 396 and also works great with the 996.

I was more hoping to log the the TG's while CC scanning, but I guess it's not possible. I'll look into tapping the 996 eventually anyway - just not yet.

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:43 pm

Scotty wrote:Thanks.

Looks like a top program, but seems you need a discriminator output to run properly. I've installed it but can't get it working on analog - or digital for that matter. Will definately keep it for later though!
PRO96COM, I think not you do not need a discriminator tap for that

I have it running on my pro96 right now via the data port

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:27 pm

centralcoastscanman wrote:I have it running on my pro96 right now via the data port
What do you think the output on the data port is?

soupbones

Post by soupbones » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:07 am

Thats right Andrew, Pro96com used the built in discriminator tap feature that the radio shack model have.

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:33 pm

Bigfella237 wrote:
centralcoastscanman wrote:I have it running on my pro96 right now via the data port
What do you think the output on the data port is?
I know for a fact its a dump of the control channel packets in a special RS232 format thats specific to the GRE/RadioShack scanners. PRO96COM was written to specifically use this feature (Unitrunker and several other programs do also)

Sigint

Post by Sigint » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:29 pm

matthewn1983 wrote:http://www.psredit.com/pro96com/index.html
that does p25, not sure about analog cc's.
I may stand corrected, but as far as I know, PRO96com is only for the GRE manufactured Radio Shack (Tandy) PRO-96, and NOT for scanners manufactured by Uniden.

--
Comint