396 picking up alternate CC

Bass Junkie

396 picking up alternate CC

Post by Bass Junkie » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:30 pm

Hi All, I recently picked up a new 396 and programmed it up with a 6 systems, 200 TGs in each. Each system was identical in that it had all of the original GRN channels still in and not locked out, however after about an hour of running it I have not picked up any talkgroups on either Scan or Search. I had a look at the frequency it was on, and it looks like it's on the Alternate CC of 416.875, instead of the main of 416.125. Is this a common problem, or have I done something wrong? And any idea how to get it working without locking out the alternate CC? I'd like to be able to just set and forget when driving around the state.

Mike Alpha

Re: 396 picking up alternate CC

Post by Mike Alpha » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:53 pm

If you have not picked up a transmission in over an hour while monitoring GPT on the alternate CC, I'd say you have a problem with your programming. The alternate CC takes over the full trunking of site transparently. GRN users will not notice any difference.

GPT has switched to the alternate CC many times over the years and usually it switches back within a few hours.

Mike

Bass Junkie

Re: 396 picking up alternate CC

Post by Bass Junkie » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:26 am

Hmm, I'll have another look, maybe I locked something out or did something stupid when programming.