Sentinel Software Save Issues

JAFO

Re: Sentinel Software Save Issues

Post by JAFO » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:45 am

Garry wrote:could it be saving to a different location on your PC and sentinel is only looking at one location for a file?
Garry,

No Mate, Sentinel on originally being loaded, save Profiles & Favourites CodePlugs under it's Sentinel Programme Folders.

I did try to save CodePlug in one of my Scanner Folders. and try to open it from there . . . . No Change.

Have Uninstalled and Reinstalled Sentinel a couple of times, even going as far as deleting all related folders . . . No change.
JAFO
VK2FGQ

UBCD369XT, UBCD536-PT, UBCD436-PT

Wonky

Post by Wonky » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:15 am

What version of Sentinel are you using?

JAFO

Post by JAFO » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:24 pm

Wonky wrote:What version of Sentinel are you using?
Version 1.03

Down loaded straight from the Uniden Page
JAFO
VK2FGQ

Mike Alpha

Post by Mike Alpha » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:08 pm

JAFO wrote:I have since tried to Save Up-dated My GPS Scan List v.I.2, v1.3, have tried to open the original PlugCode: "Oct 2020 v.1.0. . . . No success.
Try saving your profiles with out using dots (periods) in the folder or file names. Depending on your file/folder settings it can cause problems especially when a '.' is used at the end of the name. Best to use underscores between characters.

Mike

Wonky

Post by Wonky » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:50 pm

JAFO wrote:
Wonky wrote:What version of Sentinel are you using?
Version 1.03

Down loaded straight from the Uniden Page
OK, that would rule out any older version problem

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:58 pm

When you have the codeplug setup as you want it, are you going to FILE, SAVE AS then saving each PROFILE (codeplug) with a unique name?

R
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!

JAFO

Post by JAFO » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:56 am

Mike Alpha wrote:Try saving your profiles with out using dots (periods) in the folder or file names. Depending on your file/folder settings it can cause problems especially when a '.' is used at the end of the name. Best to use underscores between characters.

Mike
rustynswrail wrote:When you have the codeplug setup as you want it, are you going to FILE, SAVE AS then saving each PROFILE (codeplug) with a unique name?

R
When I first started using Sentinel, I tried to save the Original CFA CodePlug . . . . so
went to "File" - "Save As" - CFA Original

Started my scanning format, tried to save my setup as "My Scan List" so
File - Save As - My Scan List

So the 1st Saved CodePlugs in the Saved Folder were:
- CFA Original
- My Scan List.

So Mike . . . . yes have tried to save without using '.' dots

Had notice the CodePlug Save issue right from the start, as my CFA Original Data had been lost. tried different Saved Names, Tried using Dates (00-00-0000) with no success, regardless what CodePlug I tried to open, Sentinel would only open the last entry made.

I did contact Pacific Telecommunications and spoke to a 'David' in regards to a issue I had with GPS Scanning, which I found was a issue with my GPS data input . . . that issue I found, corrected and now resolved and now GPS Scanning is working fine so far.

In conversation, I did mention to David my issue with Sentinel, David recommended keeping the CFA CodePlug on one memory card, and My Scan CodePlug on another Memory Card and switch between the two as needed . . . so now I have Two Memory Cards - 'CFA Original Card' & "My Scan List Card".
JAFO
VK2FGQ

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:44 pm

Okay I surrender!

R
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!

JAFO

Post by JAFO » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:00 pm

rustynswrail wrote:Okay I surrender!

R
Yea . . . I think I'll buy a 3rd Memory Card and use it as a 'Master' for My Scan List
JAFO
VK2FGQ