USDS100 Alert tones and lights not working

Alex McCreath

USDS100 Alert tones and lights not working

Post by Alex McCreath » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:56 pm

Hi all,
I’m a relatively new USDS100 owner and have ported my faves lists from the 436/536 Sentinel to the USDS Sentinel. I’ve spent time experimenting with filters and antennas and seem to have the scanner working well (in the ACT) except for alert tones and lights - they just won’t work. I can run my 436 & 536 beside the USDS100 and both the 436 & 536 will show the Unit ID and TGID alerts, but the SDS100 will not. I’ve compared the Sentinel alert setups between the 436/536 and SDS100 and they appear to be the same. I’m not sure what I’m missing in my setup and I’m looking for help ... it’s probably something simple. Any help gratefully received. Alex

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rustynswrail

Re: USDS100 Alert tones and lights not working

Post by rustynswrail » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:05 pm

In Sentinel go to Edit Display, then Detail Trunking make sure a Tab has been selected to show Unit ID. Port that across to Detail Conventional so that both are uniform, or tailor Conventional individually to suit your needs.

For the Alerts, each System/Department must have the Alert Tone and Alert Volume set as well as Alert Colour and Alert Pattern set. Miss one and it will not work.

R
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!