Uniden releasing DMR upgrade for 436/536

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Uniden releasing DMR upgrade for 436/536

Post by Bigfella237 » Mon May 16, 2016 5:20 pm

It looks like Uniden might have FINALLY added support for DMR to their 436 & 536 scanners!

Apparently the announcement is expected tomorrow, RR people are very excited.

Andrew

Scotty

Re: Uniden releasing DMR upgrade for 436/536

Post by Scotty » Mon May 16, 2016 6:24 pm

If correct this may cause a significant revival in the hobby - especially if they handle DMR 1, 2 and 3.

Edit: seems it will do all the trunking modes as well, which is exciting. The additional cost is a bit of a kick in the teeth, but will no doubt be paid by many. I can't see Uniden Aus updating the Australian modes anytime soon however.

cartman

Post by cartman » Wed May 18, 2016 5:27 am

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/U ... dioUpgrade

" ....Using the Uniden BCDx36HP radios, upgraded with the DMR upgrade, you will now be able to seamlessly monitor unencrypted channels on the following system types:

Conventional Analog channels
Conventional P25 Digital channels
Motorola Type I and Type II Trunked Radio systems with Analog and Digital (P25) Voice
EDACS Analog trunked radio systems
LTR Analog trunked radio systems
APCO Project 25 Phase I and Phase II Digital Trunked Radio systems
EDACS trunked radio systems with ProVoice channels (paid ProVoice upgrade required)
Conventional Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) channels (paid DMR upgrade required)
MotoTRBO Capacity Plus Trunked Radio systems (paid DMR upgrade required)
MotoTRBO Connect Plus Trunked Radio Systems (paid DMR upgrade required) ..."
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 » Wed May 18, 2016 6:09 am

Scotty wrote:If correct this may cause a significant revival in the hobby - especially if they handle DMR 1, 2 and 3.

Edit: seems it will do all the trunking modes as well, which is exciting. The additional cost is a bit of a kick in the teeth, but will no doubt be paid by many. I can't see Uniden Aus updating the Australian modes anytime soon however.
I've asked the question in the relevant thread on RR. I have a feeling though that the question will get lost amongst all the;
'What's my serial?';
'How do I figure out my ESN for the upgrade?';
'I can't purchase a key' posts.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Regards,
Pumper_50

http://vicradiozone.com

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Wed May 18, 2016 10:53 am

Scotty wrote:...I can't see Uniden Aus updating the Australian modes anytime soon however.

What are the Australian modes? They have to be read upside down?

The Australian BCD436PT's from preliminary information, can be upgraded just like an American version. That is once the ESN situation is fixed.

R
Last edited by rustynswrail on Wed May 18, 2016 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Wed May 18, 2016 10:54 am

Scotty wrote:If correct this may cause a significant revival in the hobby - especially if they handle DMR 1, 2 and 3.
Until everyone enables privacy.

R
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!

frankc

Post by frankc » Wed May 18, 2016 5:09 pm

rustynswrail wrote:
Scotty wrote:...I can't see Uniden Aus updating the Australian modes anytime soon however.

The Australian BCD436PT's from preliminary information, can be upgraded just like an American version. That is once the ESN situation is fixed.

R
Hopefully we can unlock the 800Mhz Cellblock while they're at it :-) But you're right Upman hasn't answered Rusty's or Pumper50's Question - perhaps one of you could invite him to post here and perhaps Pacific Commnications might want to be advised as well - Hopefully the public release of the 436 may have the new firmware as standard - hence the delay

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Wed May 18, 2016 6:17 pm

rustynswrail wrote:

R
Was meant to read Australian 'models' in the initial post.

Will be interesting to see if the info on Australian models is correct. Many in the CFA will be hoping so - depending on the further cost.

frankc

Post by frankc » Thu May 19, 2016 12:51 am

rustynswrail wrote:

R
Speaking of which from UPMan re your Question about Non US Credit Cards and registrations:
UPMan
Uniden Representative

Our current credit card processor is unable to handle credit cards from out of the US/Canada. That said, you can likely contact ScannerMaster or Ham Station and purchase the key through them. If they can, they would need your ESN/Checksum and would be able to log in under their account, pay for and get a key for your scanner and send you the key.
http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden ... ost2575650

cartman

Whistler announce DMR (and NXDN) upgrade

Post by cartman » Sat May 21, 2016 3:16 am

Whistler have just one upped Uniden
Whistler were going to announce their new DMR lineup this weekend at the Dayton Hamvention but have brought it forward, with the promise of a free NXDN firmware upgrade when available

https://www.whistlergroup.com/usa/news/ ... /post/DMR/

Whistler Launches DMR Capable Scanners
May 17, 2016 2:23:00 PM CDT
ntact:
Wendy Taylor, Marketing Manager
The Whistler Group, Inc.
Phone: (479) 464-3504
Email: wtaylor@whistlergroup.com

Whistler Launches DMR Capable Scanners
Bentonville, AR– (May 17, 2016) The Whistler Group, Inc., a leading industry supplier of state-of the-art mobile electronics, announced today a huge step forward in scanner technology with the addition of two new models to their scanner line up – the TRX-1 and TRX-2 featuring Digital Mobile Radio capabilities.

The Whistler TRX-1 (handheld) and TRX-2 (desktop/Mobile) are multi-system adaptive digital trunking scanners with Motorola P25 Phase I, X2-TDMA, Phase II and DMR making them capable of monitoring the following unencrypted channels/systems:

Conventional DMR (Entered as a DMR trunked system
Hytera XPT
MotoTRBO™ Capacity Plus
MotoTRBO™ Connect Plus
MotoTRBO™ Linked Cap Plus systems

Additionally, Whistler is announcing that development of NXDN monitoring is also underway and the TRX-1 and TRX-2 will include NXDN as a FREE upgrade when available.

These models feature a full backlit alphanumeric keypad in addition to the easy-to-use Scan, Pause, Select and Navigation controls. All USA/Canada services and frequencies are pre-programmed onto the included SD card making the units ready to use out of the box – they can even be programmed by entering your ZIP code.

Additional features include:
Upgradeable CPU, DSP, and library
Store Favorite Scanlists
EZ Scan PC Software
IF/discriminator output
Permits recording by scannable object and saves into a Windows compatible audio file
Clock and calendar function adds date/time info to the recordings
Dedicated SKYWARN®/Weather button
Spectrum Sweeper
Programmable audio and visual alert system

“We are extremely excited to add the TRX-1 and TRX-2 to our existing scanner line,” said Leslie Folsom, EVP of Marketing & Operations at Whistler. “When Whistler entered the scanner industry we were committed to bringing innovation and we are demonstrating that by our introduction of DMR and our development work on NXDN.”

As a further investment in their customers, Whistler will be offering a DMR update at no charge to customers owning models WS1080, WS1088, WS1095, and WS1098. This upgrade will be available via the EZ Scan pc app later this month.

The TRX-1 and TRX-2 will begin shipping in late June 2016.

MotoTRBO is a trademark of Motorola, Inc.

###
About Whistler
Whistler is a leader in international state-of- the-art electronics and automotive laser/radar detection systems. Throughout the years, Whistler has innovated and patented important product advances, resulting in first-to-market accomplishments and top performance rankings. Our relentless pursuit of innovative design and technology ensures a high-performance, user-friendly, and value priced product. To learn more visit the Whistler Group website at
http://www.whistlergroup.com.
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview