UBCD436PT

Air490

UBCD436PT

Post by Air490 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:46 am

The new UBCD436PT has appeared on the Uniden website.
http://www.uniden.com.au/AUSTRALIA/p_ub ... _index.asp

No mention of the 536.

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Re: UBCD436PT

Post by Bigfella237 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:34 am

Zero points for style Uniden... Again!

I wish they'd let somebody with a little imagination design their outer cases. Even just a contour here 'n there, something to hold onto, not just a perfectly rectangular block of plastic?

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:57 am

The UBCD436PT is a highly engineered digital scanner with pre-programmed channels.
BULLSHIT!!

$50 says that it completely falls over and craps itself when receiving LSM/CQPSK simulcast :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:04 pm

Air490 wrote:The new UBCD436PT has appeared on the Uniden website.

No mention of the 536.
Appeared on their website back in November and was discussed here;
http://scansydney.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1665

I see Uniden still won't supply the scanner - or confirm the RRP. Hopefully that will change in the future.

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:05 pm

Scotty wrote:
Air490 wrote:The new UBCD436PT has appeared on the Uniden website.

No mention of the 536.
Appeared on their website back in November and was discussed here;
http://scansydney.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1665

I see Uniden still won't supply the scanner - or confirm the RRP. Hopefully that will change in the future.
I can confirm that there is a 2 year embargo on the release of the UBCD436PT to the public. While Uniden make the unit, it is in fact 'owned' by Pacific Telecommunications in Melbourne. It is for PacTel to set the RRP if they decide to release it at any stage after the embargo is lifted.

And in response to a prior post, it handles the Phase II and simulcast okay, despite what some US users say.

The 536 is in the same situation, it will be released in January but at this stage will not be available for 2 years to the public.

R
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:28 am

rustynswrail wrote:I can confirm that there is a 2 year embargo on the release of the UBCD436PT to the public. While Uniden make the unit, it is in fact 'owned' by Pacific Telecommunications in Melbourne. It is for PacTel to set the RRP if they decide to release it at any stage after the embargo is lifted.

The 536 is in the same situation, it will be released in January but at this stage will not be available for 2 years to the public.

R
Pity. 2 years is a life time in technology circles. Uniden America and Whistler have both released a number of new models over the past 2 years - all capable of P25 Phase 2. Who knows what will be released in the next 2 years.

I understand the market in Australia is tiny in comparison, but it's been over 4 years since Uniden Australia released a P25 scanner to the public - this will take it to 6 years. It could be said they have little interest in scanners, so why do they even bother?

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:59 pm

In this case I reckon they only bothered because there was a squillion tax-payer-funded dollars in it for them?

I'm pretty sure the embargo is a device to discourage individual members/brigades from re-selling the equipment, pretty obvious where an ebay item came from when that item isn't available to the public!

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:48 pm

Scotty wrote:
rustynswrail wrote:I can confirm that there is a 2 year embargo on the release of the UBCD436PT to the public. While Uniden make the unit, it is in fact 'owned' by Pacific Telecommunications in Melbourne. It is for PacTel to set the RRP if they decide to release it at any stage after the embargo is lifted.

R
Pity. 2 years is a life time in technology circles. Uniden America and Whistler have both released a number of new models over the past 2 years - all capable of P25 Phase 2. Who knows what will be released in the next 2 years.

I understand the market in Australia is tiny in comparison, but it's been over 4 years since Uniden Australia released a P25 scanner to the public - this will take it to 6 years. It could be said they have little interest in scanners, so why do they even bother?
I cannot say much, but I can say it won't necessarily be 6 years.

R

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:49 pm

Bigfella237 wrote:In this case I reckon they only bothered because there was a squillion tax-payer-funded dollars in it for them?

I'm pretty sure the embargo is a device to discourage individual members/brigades from re-selling the equipment, pretty obvious where an ebay item came from when that item isn't available to the public!
Again I am restricted in what I can say but that is not correct.

R

Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:50 pm

Desktop soon apparently for public release. Needs confirmation though.

I think the 'embargo' on the handheld is aimed primarily in assisting the supplier guaranteeing supply to CFA interests. My opinion only.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Regards,
Pumper_50

http://vicradiozone.com