Uniden UBCD-396XT Flashing Battery Icon

Hally

Uniden UBCD-396XT Flashing Battery Icon

Post by Hally » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi guys I have had new scanner for a week & although I was experienced with analogue scanners these digital scanners are a different ball game.
Now the battery icon flashes & then shuts down the scanner I cant work out why because the charger is plugged in, I bought new rechargeable batteries just in case they're faulty they worked until they was obviously flat then same thing flash flash & shutdown ... I know charger works because when I first turned it on the screen said charging or something .... I might've stuffed the setting up somehow for Battery Option in Settings ... Should it say "On" or "Off" in there & how many hours is the right number to put for charge time please help me get this thing going it wont stay on until i fix this up.... BTW I put normal batteries in to try it & worked perfectly I made sure I adjusted the switch for Ni-MH ... Thanks :mrgreen:
___Bye For Now___
_____Steve_______

lxth7

Re: Uniden UBCD-396XT Flashing Battery Icon

Post by lxth7 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi Hally, yeah foget anything you remember about using or programming with your new toy. They are definenatly very different. stick at it though, when you get your head around it ,there unreal.
Most, if not all users of these scanners dont use the scanner to charge the batteries. get a good stand alone charger.
Im not sure about the settings , but what you describe sounds a but sus. The voltage/batt symbol flash when the voltage goes to or below 3.50v.
I have the switch set to alkilne ,when I use the charger to power the scanner the display shows the battery voltage not the chargers input.

Hally

Post by Hally » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:29 pm

Thanks lxth7 I took your advice I got a separate charger to charge them plus a spare set to charge while not in use ... I need someone to help me with the setting please particularly the Battery Option Settings ... Should it say "On" or "Off" in there & how many hours is the right number to put for charge time ?
___Bye For Now___
_____Steve_______

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:59 pm

Hally wrote:Thanks lxth7 I took your advice I got a separate charger to charge them plus a spare set to charge while not in use ... I need someone to help me with the setting please particularly the Battery Option Settings ... Should it say "On" or "Off" in there & how many hours is the right number to put for charge time ?

Battery Save to OFF and 14 to 16 hours is generally the accepted time to charge secondary cells.

R
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!

Hally

Post by Hally » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:59 am

Thank you for this setting info , R
___Bye For Now___
_____Steve_______