motorola,mcx600.

jd1973

motorola,mcx600.

Post by jd1973 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:37 pm

hi all,as most of you no im fairly new to the uhf/vhf scene,so here are some questions,1 i have a motorola mcx-600,it is programmed at the moment ch1-4 477 mhz,but no repeater offset,dont no why ,im in sydney,can anyone help me out with programming?2 the rest of the channels are trunked,is this reversible on these?3 can you program the icom ic-f2010 from the front panel?and 4 what abouth the kenwood tk,880?hope someone out there can assist me with some of these questions.thanks ,,regards john...

Scotty

Re: motorola,mcx600.

Post by Scotty » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:51 pm

Don't know if this should be in the poilice section, but anyway....

The Motorola probaby can't be programmed with more than 4 non-trunked channels. Trunked tradios that I had access to around the era of the MCX-600 could have 4 simplex channels programmed, so I would say that radio would be the same.

If you are not using the radio on a trunked network then buy a normal, conventional radio. It would be the only way to get more conventional channels.

jd1973

Re: motorola,mcx600.

Post by jd1973 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:54 pm

Scotty wrote:Don't know if this should be in the poilice section, but anyway....

The Motorola probaby can't be programmed with more than 4 non-trunked channels. Trunked tradios that I had access to around the era of the MCX-600 could have 4 simplex channels programmed, so I would say that radio would be the same.

If you are not using the radio on a trunked network then buy a normal, conventional radio. It would be the only way to get more conventional channels.
ahh yeh thought as much,yeh not to shore why my post came up on the police post,sorry guys..