Unknown shopping centre frequency 465.250 069.3 CTCSS

cartman

Unknown shopping centre frequency 465.250 069.3 CTCSS

Post by cartman » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:31 pm

I first heard about this on another group as a mysterious shopping centre security frequency, then i stumbled across it this morning while scanning
Nothing in the ACMA except Kotora Westfield which is too far away to make the trip to where i am
Only possibility is a BTW comms rental customer with linked Tx sites at Jamiestown near Penrith and Silverwater
This is a security frequency with the S2 callsign mentioned and refers to cleaners being on Channel 3
Has anybody solved this one yet.

Grant
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

cokebottle

Re: Unknown shopping centre frequency 465.250 069.3 CTCSS

Post by cokebottle » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:02 am

I have put that one in my handheld & will have a listen, I work in Penrith so if I can hear it I will let you know, I have been trying to work out what frequency they use at Centro Nepean (Kmart/Coles etc) they have security & cleaners with radio's, but have only seen them use it once very briefly.

Might also be the same frequency they use at Emu Plains Centro...

Michael

cartman

Post by cartman » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:12 am

John at Campbelltown has heard it as well but distant and scratchy from his location.
It is somewhere in the west i think

Grant
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:

cokebottle

Post by cokebottle » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:07 am

Been listening on my handheld in & around Penriff the last couple of days, all quiet.... but this morning going through Faulconbridge on my way to work I heard a strong signal with a brief discussion about finding some keys, but heard no callsigns, heard something again at East Blaxland above Penriff & was a very scratchy signal possibly coming from Silverwater?

Then when I got to work I heard a reasonably strong signal & callsign "Charlie one" will keep listening at work as I can ;)

Michael

cartman

Post by cartman » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:53 am

Thanks Michael

"Charlie X" i would suspect is Cleaners
After i get some beauty sleep (i have been on night shift) I will have another listen today
There seems to be three frequencies so I will try to hunt down the other two (ACMA was doing database maintenance when i looked previously)

Grant
Scanners:
Software:

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:02 pm

cartman wrote:Thanks Michael
"Charlie X" i would suspect is Cleaners
After i get some beauty sleep (i have been on night shift) I will have another listen today
There seems to be three frequencies so I will try to hunt down the other two (ACMA was doing database maintenance when i looked previously)
Grant
Grant et al,

I have an idea it is Rhodes shopping centre.

Russell
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!

cartman

Post by cartman » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:08 pm

Not sure about Rhodes ... they have changed their allocation on the ACMA from their original 463Mhz but appears they have two frequencies on 480Mhz band
There is definitely a video ezy store on site
If it is the Rhodes Shopping Centre then Ch 1 maybe this one, then the other two listed frequencies are ch 2 and ch3

If it is not Rhodes Mirvac site (Rhodes Shopping Centre) then from googling one likely possibility is the Stocklands Shopping Mall, Wetherill Park
That would make a good fit between Lower Mts, Penrith, Blacktown and Campbelltown and make sense of the two transmitters at Penrith and Silverwater

Callsigns heard today:

SM
S1,S2,S3
CS, CSD
O1
M1,M2,M5

S=Security
SM=Security Manager
CS=??
O=Operations
M=Maintenance
C=Cleaner

Grant
Scanners:
Software:

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:52 pm

cartman wrote:Not sure about Rhodes ... they have changed their allocation on the ACMA from their original 463Mhz but appears they have two frequencies on 480Mhz band
There is definitely a video ezy store on site. If it is the Rhodes Shopping Centre then Ch 1 maybe this one, then the other two listed frequencies are ch 2 and ch3. If it is not Rhodes Mirvac site (Rhodes Shopping Centre) then from googling one likely possibility is the Stocklands Shopping Mall, Wetherill Park. That would make a good fit between Lower Mts, Penrith, Blacktown and Campbelltown and make sense of the two transmitters at Penrith and Silverwater.
Callsigns heard today:
SM
S1,S2,S3
CS, CSD
O1
M1,M2,M5
S=Security
SM=Security Manager
CS=??
O=Operations
M=Maintenance
C=Cleaner
Grant
Grant,

The 'S' callsigns have mentioned three stores, Bing Lee, Holys and Video Ezy. Rhodes has all three. Of course another centre may have these companies as well, but none that I can find.

Russell

BerryV

Post by BerryV » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:12 pm

rustynswrail wrote:
cartman wrote:Not sure about Rhodes ... they have changed their allocation on the ACMA from their original 463Mhz but appears they have two frequencies on 480Mhz band
There is definitely a video ezy store on site. If it is the Rhodes Shopping Centre then Ch 1 maybe this one, then the other two listed frequencies are ch 2 and ch3. If it is not Rhodes Mirvac site (Rhodes Shopping Centre) then from googling one likely possibility is the Stocklands Shopping Mall, Wetherill Park. That would make a good fit between Lower Mts, Penrith, Blacktown and Campbelltown and make sense of the two transmitters at Penrith and Silverwater.
Callsigns heard today:
SM
S1,S2,S3
CS, CSD
O1
M1,M2,M5
S=Security
SM=Security Manager
CS=??
O=Operations
M=Maintenance
C=Cleaner
Grant
Grant,

The 'S' callsigns have mentioned three stores, Bing Lee, Holys and Video Ezy. Rhodes has all three. Of course another centre may have these companies as well, but none that I can find.

Russell
Stocklands WP does not have a Bing Lee

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:43 pm

cartman wrote:That would make a good fit between Lower Mts, Penrith, Blacktown and Campbelltown and make sense of the two transmitters at Penrith and Silverwater
The two TX sites nominated are irrelevant. BTW has an office at Penrith and it used to have one at Silverwater, prior to moving to Auburn. They are the two sites listed. This is a portable repeater assignment, therefore the TX'er could be anywhere. BTW does not have repeaters at either of its premises.

So far Bing Lee, Holy's, Coles and Target have been mentioned. Rhodes has all these. As I mentioned before other centre could have them as well, i just have not had the time to check.

Russell