GNUradio

vk4smg

Re: GNUradio

Post by vk4smg » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:21 pm

OP25 is very much a work in progress - and is really a software project at the moment rather than a practical tool. Keep checking though because we plan to get an alpha release made before the New Year. The website has been up for a while but the project has not been announced publically so I was stunned to discover this forum discussing the project :-)

While I'm here I'll ask a few questions. First, are there any USRP users in NSW? I'd love to have you capture some samples of the P25 transmissions to add to our collection (I'm in QLD so all the data I get is encrypted or from other team members). Also, can anyone recommend a supplier in Aussie where I can rent/lease one or more P25 transceivers for lab testing? Ideally something like the Yaesu VX-PX82x models.

Steve

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:58 am

Thanks Steve.

For anyone else interested in the OP25 project, Max, KA1RBI has uploaded some new code to the project that does soundcard based decoding using a discriminator tapped scanner. I'm only using Ubuntu in VMware, a disc tapped 60xlt, GNUradio and OP25 to get the following results. There will be more to come!

Bass Junkie

Post by Bass Junkie » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:19 am

That's amazing, great to see such good programs being released open source :D

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:36 am

Lots of progress has been made in the project. P25 transmit now works and it can encode audio too - the transmit module can take its input from the soundcard mike input, a file, or over a network using UDP.

Check out this video that demonstrates it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk0S5JtQtMk

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:17 pm

Heres a detailed video of the presentation in 2011:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OumDnhO7veg&feature=plcp