Sydney Wide Hospital Paging System

POCSAG, Mobitex
centralcoastscanman

Sydney Wide Hospital Paging System

Post by centralcoastscanman » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:27 pm

I've been doing a bit of thinking lately about how our paging system is setup at work and it appears as though its a sydney wide system that is also shared by other hospitals.

has anyone done any work on the paging system for department of health in logging capcodes ?

freq is 148.1375 and appears to be licensed at the following hospitals

Concord
Westmead
Liverpool
Manly
Mount Druitt
Campbelltown
Bankstown
RPA
North Shore Hospital
Hornsby Hospital
St Josephs @ Auburn

there also appears to be some uhf links that i've noticed from RNSH to Hornsby Hospital, not sure whether these are part of the paging system or something else.

astro_boy

Re: Sydney Wide Hospital Paging System

Post by astro_boy » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:33 pm

I've watched it a little bit as it comes in nice and strong and is good for aligning scanner to the RFS channels.

Most messages are Numeric, The time of the page or random numbers.
A few are text followed by some digits.

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:32 pm

i'd be interested in working with someone to provide some assistance in nutting out which codes belong to which hospitals...

as there are places like Hornsby Hospital that use alpha as well as numeric, so it won't be hard to figure them out if i can work with someone as i do not get a strong enough signal from my location to decode it

jet

Post by jet » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:29 am

do you know what the uhf freq is that they are talk to hornsby to rnsh Hospital

thank john

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:16 am

The UHF paging link's I'd imagine would be some type of linkup that allows people at rnsh to send pages to people at hornsby hospital, and the other way around.

never tried monitoring the uhf paging links but i can't see how we'd be able to as the actual paging signal is broadcast on the 148.1375 freq

lui_gough

Post by lui_gough » Sat May 29, 2010 9:31 pm

I get a fair signal here from Auburn Hospital. It's gotten noisy because it seems to be interfered with by other transmissions on frequency - but I still seem to get messages A-OK - I seem to get more text than anything, some security related and what not.

I did try doing some capcode analysis a long time ago - but I didn't come up with anything conclusive. The reason is that PDW is a bit "annoying" in that there are often quite a lot of false decodes due to interference/static which means that you get some random capcodes popping up here and there. But there are a few "main" users - one of which seems to be security. I sometimes see messages about doors being unlocked. Others will relate to the hospital itself - things like calls to assist ...

Now that I just tried to monitor it again, it's gotten so noisy that I can't get a good decode. A year or two ago, there was no issue. Now it sounds like there's a constant paper rustling noise ... and I suspect it's interference from their own transmitters elsewhere. I've tried different antennas and using attenuators to no avail.

(EDIT: It's a scratchy, boomy, rustling noise which wasn't there a few years ago. I have no problem decoding Link frequencies ... just this one! Actually, sounds like overload and overmodulation! I've got 20dB Attenuator switched in, I've connected 12db + 6db + 3db of inline attenuators ... and still the signal is being received, loud and scratchy. Even with no antenna attached to the scanner, it's received (but noisy, and scratchy))

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Sat May 29, 2010 10:40 pm

Keywords to keep a look out for and tag them as Hornsby Hospital

ART LMU
ART MHICU
MHICU
LMU

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Sat May 29, 2010 11:22 pm

The Mental Health Team piggybacks on the RFS pager network down the Far South Coast, it's almost all text but there's never anything of interest, usually "Contact Mental Health Triage" or sometimes just numeric codes (e.g. Time | Date | "52" or simular).

Andrew

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Sun May 30, 2010 7:52 pm

ah ok well i can assure you that the paging system used in the sydney metro area they put it all across the 148.1375 or whatever it is....

there are some sites that carry a seperate pager that does alpha numeric but its only for duress alarms, protocol yet to be determined

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Sun May 30, 2010 11:03 pm

yeah ive noticed that Andrew when im in Bega. i usually have it on PDW as theres nothing to decode on UT.
cheers
Matt
VK2MRC