UHF CB base

Please read the rules before requesting an item!
Chrisco

UHF CB base

Post by Chrisco » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:29 pm

After a used UHF CB Base needs to have programmable CTCSS tones preferably the compact size rather the DIN size type ones.
I will continue to look on ebay, gumtree, trading post

thanks Chrisco
Uniden UBCD996T x3 | UBCT-9 | UBCD396T | UBC61XLT | UM423AM | MC2800 | UBC60XLT | ICOM IC-41s/w | IC-M34 | USDS100 | SDR |IC-400PRO
twitter/IG

Chrisco

Re: UHF CB base Found one

Post by Chrisco » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:11 pm

Went in to dick smith in Chatswood Westfield and they were having a closing down sale I picked one up form there. That is at least two DSE that have closed this side of the bridge, Gore Hill down the road from 2UE and Jaycar and now Chatswood, there is still one in Chatswood Chase, I am pretty sure the DSE at Neutral Bay has closed has well.
Uniden UBCD996T x3 | UBCT-9 | UBCD396T | UBC61XLT | UM423AM | MC2800 | UBC60XLT | ICOM IC-41s/w | IC-M34 | USDS100 | SDR |IC-400PRO
twitter/IG

cartman

Re: UHF CB base

Post by cartman » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:19 pm

I am pretty impressed with the new "mini compact" 77 channel 5w UH7700NB + 77 channel 1w UH710SX handheld that comes as a package from a seller on ebay for about 220 dollars.

Grant
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:59 pm

The fact that Jaycar, Altronics and WES rea doing fine shows theres nothing wrong with Dicks' original business model. Those companies are doing fine.

Its just Woolworths and their stupid, fucked-up, moronic, MBA/accountant style of management that killed the business.

A sad way for an Australian Icon to die really.

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:04 pm

Gore Hill has closed? What a dreadful loss... that was one of Dick's first shops & considering its location near North Sydney Tafe it would have been frequented by almost every electronics student over many years. Very sad to see how Woolworths have murdered an Australian institution.

Cheers,

Richard

Garry

Post by Garry » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:08 pm

woollies are trying to sell the Dick store,, if not sold by xmas, they will close them down
Happily Scanning Since 1983

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:09 pm

I work nearby, and Dick was there on its last day of trading working the register, making all the sales himself. He wanted to make sure that the last customer that visited his original store was served the way he wanted.

It was the original store, and where the whole business really started - very sad what Woolworths have done indeed. The dickheads running that Woolies thought "Electronics" meant "Oh, we can compete with JB HiFi"

:?

Garry

Post by Garry » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:24 pm

Dicks is just another version of Big W Home Entertainment,,, please Jaycar, stay strong !!!
Happily Scanning Since 1983

Mike Alpha

Post by Mike Alpha » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:37 am

citabria wrote:The fact that Jaycar, Altronics and WES rea doing fine shows theres nothing wrong with Dicks' original business model. Those companies are doing fine.

Its just Woolworths and their stupid, fucked-up, moronic, MBA/accountant style of management that killed the business.

A sad way for an Australian Icon to die really.
Maybe we should list all the alternate electronics retailers as a sticky on this forum?

Other than the ones citabria has mentioned, I can think of:

RS Components in Smithfield.
David Reid Electronics in Sydney CBD.
Electus Distribution (Jaycar's Distibution arm)
Oatley Electronics in Oatley (for kits and various electronic stuff)
Master Instruments in Marrickville (batteries, power supplies and chargers)
Premier Batteries in Chipping Norton (batteries and chargers)

Any others??

Mike

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:37 am

Hi all,
Yeah hard to believe that they have done such a great job murdering an australian institution like Dicks and Tandy before that. I can remember as a kid going to Tandy and Dick's at Bankstown square to pick up the odd kit to make with my dad. As i grew up they shut at BK square and opened up the Powerhouse down at the Christie centre on Canterbury rd. Was great initially had all the radio section down the back with a amateur guy who actually knew what he was doing. Slowly as the woolworths stench sunk in it all dissappeared and it just become a JB hi fi. I stopped going as it did nothing well.
Funnily enough i dont do any shopping at woolworths now because their stupid ways.
I've now moved away and now do my electronics at Jaycar at Fyshwick. I notice there in the past couple of weeks they have nearly doubled the floor space and expanded. they said there carrying more lines now?
cheers
Matt
VK2MRC