Updated Amateur radio reapeaters

Including Digital Modes (DMR, P25, D-STAR, FUSION)
gmacka

Updated Amateur radio reapeaters

Post by gmacka » Mon May 16, 2011 12:05 am

I just wondering if any one would have a current up to date copy of all the Sydney Amateur radio repeaters as the WIA Listings not accurate.
Scanning with GRE/500

cokebottle

Re: Updated Amateur radio reapeaters

Post by cokebottle » Mon May 16, 2011 10:14 am

ACMA database is slightly more accurate.... except it only shows licenced frequencies, which in some case are not active... the WIA list is a basic guide but as you have found not all repeaters make it on there..

What area of Sydney are you in? also are you an Amateur?

Michael

cartman

Post by cartman » Mon May 16, 2011 2:39 pm

I posted on the 438Mhz repeaters elsewhere in the Amateur section ... that maybe a starting place, to check if it is up to date ... my list is about 12mths old and it came straight from looking at the ACMA and listening to the 438Mhz band

Grant
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

gmacka

Post by gmacka » Mon May 16, 2011 8:55 pm

cokebottle wrote:ACMA database is slightly more accurate.... except it only shows licenced frequencies, which in some case are not active... the WIA list is a basic guide but as you have found not all repeaters make it on there..

What area of Sydney are you in? also are you an Amateur?

Michael
Yes i am a Foundation class license and found that sub tones aren't accurate and few missing freqs.And iam located south west of Sydney,
Scanning with GRE/500

cokebottle

Post by cokebottle » Tue May 17, 2011 12:00 pm

gmacka wrote:Yes i am a Foundation class license and found that sub tones aren't accurate and few missing freqs.And iam located south west of Sydney,
I am also a F call & I don't use 2M that much but I do use an excellent network of 70cm repeaters...

The best I have found is 439.750 & 439.800 with 91.5 CTCSS which covers West to Katoomba & beyond, North to Hornsby, South to Cambelltown & beyond? 439.750 is located at Horsley Park but has a voting RX at Kurrajong Hts & 439.800 is located in the Sydney CBD & has a voting RX at Hurstville, so the strongest signal is voted from each receiver, same as the old analog Police radio network, this results in a very good coverage area which is ideally suited to handheld & low power F calls such as ourselves, I have operated on a handheld inside my car with the built in antenna all the way from home near Katoomba down to work at Penrith with good signal reports all the way & only a couple of slightly noisey areas...

Also you have 438.550/91.5 located at Hurstville & linked to 439.500 91.5 at Razorback, it too gives great coverage.

The same person responsible for these repeaters above also has 438.450/91.5 at Carlingford, which is currently off air, with possible plans to link it to a new repeater on the north shore...

The best thing about our Amateur repeaters is the subtone, if you try 123 & it don't work then use 91.5, if still no good then you are out of range or the repeater is down! in other countries they have no uniform standards for subtones as a friend in the U.S has told me "you are in the lucky country"

I have programmed my mobile & handhelds with all the repeater frequencies for 2m/70cm, so I just stick it on scan & hear what repeaters are active...

Michael

gmacka

Post by gmacka » Tue May 17, 2011 9:25 pm

thanks Michael for the freqs and are you active on HF? I have been on the blue mountains net on 40 meters a couple of times and they seem very friendly lot,and you must enjoy your elevation there in the mountains,i use to live at wentworth falls for two years a while back but back then didnt have my F call. And there's one in Campbelltown 438.650 sub tone 91.5
Scanning with GRE/500

cokebottle

Post by cokebottle » Wed May 18, 2011 4:00 pm

gmacka wrote:thanks Michael for the freqs and are you active on HF? I have been on the blue mountains net on 40 meters a couple of times and they seem very friendly lot,and you must enjoy your elevation there in the mountains,i use to live at wentworth falls for two years a while back but back then didn't have my F call. And there's one in Campbelltown 438.650 sub tone 91.5
Yes I have HF but not very active, I have dipole for 20/40/10 (can't use 20 or course but) strung between some trees & I do get some good reports from it, had a full call on 40m all but accuse me of running more than 10w until he found out where I was & we worked out he had his beam pointed right at me.... when I use it that is, I am a member of blue mountains but I have never been on their net :oops:

My callsign is VK2FMJC, if you hear me on the aforementioned 70sm repeaters give me a call, or if you hear me on HF.

Michael

kevnerd486

Post by kevnerd486 » Thu May 19, 2011 11:49 am

cokebottle wrote:
gmacka wrote: 439.750 is located at Horsley Park but has a voting RX at Kurrajong Hts
Thats very interesting Michael, I wasn't aware of the RX at Kurrajong. I did a test and i can trigger the Rpt from home (line of site to Kurrajong and only about 5Kms from the towers) with the H/H and 1/2 watt. Be intrested to know how the remote reciver is linked to the HorsleyPark TX radio?

Regards

Kev

VK2kEV

cokebottle

Post by cokebottle » Thu May 19, 2011 12:19 pm

kevnerd486 wrote: Thats very interesting Michael, I wasn't aware of the RX at Kurrajong. I did a test and i can trigger the Rpt from home (line of site to Kurrajong and only about 5Kms from the towers) with the H/H and 1/2 watt. Be intrested to know how the remote reciver is linked to the HorsleyPark TX radio?
I'd reckon you could get into it on 50mw!

I believe the link is microwave & tied into the controller at Horsley which also controls the 439.800 rptr on GPT which also has an RX at Hurstville, very well setup system.

I have also talked on a h/held inside the car all the way from Penrith via Yarramundi & up Hawkesbury rd to springwood, there is a couple of spots along there where I can't hear Horsley Park on the h/held but I am full quieting into the RX at Kurrajong Hts...

You will notice on that system the distinctive "chirp" type noise which is a characterisc of the analog voting system the police use as well you can sometimes hear a scratchy signal suddenly go full quieting as the voter kicks in.

Michael

gmacka

Post by gmacka » Sun May 29, 2011 7:41 pm

cokebottle wrote:
gmacka wrote:thanks Michael for the freqs and are you active on HF? I have been on the blue mountains net on 40 meters a couple of times and they seem very friendly lot,and you must enjoy your elevation there in the mountains,i use to live at wentworth falls for two years a while back but back then didn't have my F call. And there's one in Campbelltown 438.650 sub tone 91.5
Yes I have HF but not very active, I have dipole for 20/40/10 (can't use 20 or course but) strung between some trees & I do get some good reports from it, had a full call on 40m all but accuse me of running more than 10w until he found out where I was & we worked out he had his beam pointed right at me.... when I use it that is, I am a member of blue mountains but I have never been on their net :oops:

My callsign is VK2FMJC, if you hear me on the aforementioned 70sm repeaters give me a call, or if you hear me on HF.

Michael
hi michael which would be the best repeater to call you on?
Scanning with GRE/500