NSW RFS Pager Capcodes

RFS, SES, SLSA, VRA, SJA
Farsouthscanner

Re: NSW RFS Pager Capcodes

Post by Farsouthscanner » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:55 pm

tsunami_australia wrote:Why would you "hear" anything different?

Are you already on GRN? .
I could be wrong, but I thought in the Shoalhaven area they have a GRN TG to Sydney who tell the local Firecom who they have paged. I could have misunderstood that. I haven't heard anything like that down here in the far south coast area.
RFS mainly use digital PMR down here but also use GRN if there is something major or for training.
Good to know about the tracking system, I assumed they would use the Telstra mobile network.

tsunami_australia

Post by tsunami_australia » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:12 pm

What's the use of Telstra mobile when it's pathetic and won't work when needed for tracking?

We have P25 voted groups up here with no GRN. There us a bridge setup in one of the control centres joining the separated North and South groups (same area now but wasn't a couple of years ago pre council mergers). That bridge has a SIP or whatever connection in the mid of it to hookup with HQ in Homebush so they can assume radio control.

We have F/S/S local control and when the SHTF and we do all the dispatching etc locally (unless Kristy mucks up again :p if someone here knows her tell her I said that and mention Friday avo and she'll work out who I am lol).

Farsouthscanner

Post by Farsouthscanner » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:07 pm

tsunami_australia wrote:What's the use of Telstra mobile when it's pathetic and won't work when needed for tracking?
True, good point.
There us a bridge setup in one of the control centers joining the separated North and South groups (same area now but wasn't a couple of years ago pre council mergers). That bridge has a SIP or whatever connection in the mid of it to hookup with HQ in Homebush so they can assume radio control.
Sounds like down this way, Eurobodalla and Bega Valley comms are merged and can be split should the need arise.

ozcjr

Post by ozcjr » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:30 pm

Sorry to revive an old thread but it’s the right place - has anyone seen capcodes for upper hunter brigades?

None of the usual places have any info on the codes for this area…

tsunami_australia

Post by tsunami_australia » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:42 pm

I'd love to see a list showing the first designators and which LGAs fhey belong to eg 0023xxxx is BLAH LGA (number plucked from butt).

Brigade level (the XXXX) would only be of use then to someone in or near that LGA.

If someone started making a list I'd be interested in sharing my findings with those who know where I am (I reckon a few here).

I'd *REALLY* appreciate a list of the numbering scheme if anyone has a copy to share.

ozcjr

Post by ozcjr » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:36 pm

I suspect if there is a master list somewhere it'd be closely held by the RFS and not likely to be given out.

tsunami_australia

Post by tsunami_australia » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:15 pm

Indeed!

They do have a list and I've asked staff for it and been promptly told that even the local pagers address' they're not able to give out. They said they know I'll find them out the hard way anyway.

ozcjr

Post by ozcjr » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:21 pm

Exactly right. End of the day, if no other source shows up, all I need is to get someone in the Upper Hunter area to host a raspi with an SDR and capture pager traffic for a week or two and I’d have 80% of the capcodes anyway. 😂

tsunami_australia

Post by tsunami_australia » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:41 pm

I'm atm using PDW and testing between an SDR and modded scanner (hit and miss a tad on both it seems for whatever reason).

I'd be interested in what programs have been made for a raspi for poc logging and if it would email forward like PDW does I'd be over the moon so to speak as I can then case it with an RTL2832 and an antenna tail in a case for a low power logger.