NSW RFS Profile V10.4.3

RFS, SES, SLSA, VRA, SJA
cartman

Re: NSW RFS Profile V10.4.3

Post by cartman » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:23 am

Not much available on the internet, except a Public Service Association link from a week ago on the RFS intranet (which is not available to non-RFS folk) and a document called version 1.0 - RFS restructure into 8 regions
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

Holdenracer

Post by Holdenracer » Sun May 24, 2020 12:20 pm

anyone got a updated NSW RFS Profile to be able to list?

cartman

Post by cartman » Mon May 25, 2020 6:12 am

Holdenracer wrote:anyone got a updated NSW RFS Profile to be able to list?
Don't like your chances of getting it from an active RFS volunteer
SOP 5.1.3-8 "Issuance of NSW RFS Radio Profiles to Third Parties" makes it clear it is a breach of procedures and will be subject to disciplinary action
Probably going to change a lot anyway in the near future (due to the CCEP Expansion projects)
Monitoring the GRN via the scanner/unitrunker/DSD etc remains the best way
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:

cartman

Post by cartman » Fri May 29, 2020 1:45 pm

Hopefully with the wider transition to GRN following on from CCEP, those changes will allow the RFS to also turn on encryption. No more codeplugs needed :lol: .
Longer term, encryption is coming via "Link Layer Encryption Security", which is a project in progress by the Project 25 Technology Interest Group ... All Control channel information including radio ids and talkgroups will be masked to the outsider ie non-GRN. Means you cannot track, either by scanner or non-affiliating P25 radio.
Look it up on their website.
Its coming at some point in the future.
Scanners:
Software:

tsunami_australia

Post by tsunami_australia » Fri May 29, 2020 10:39 pm

It would be interesting to know how they are going to triage a legit vs non legit. But that's still not RFS being encrpyted. It will also cost lives! I've seen and heard incidents where poor management and alerting from the RFS saw people only getting a warning by them or someone else with a scanner. They keep pushing that lemon called fires near me and it'll kill people!

Did someone delete my previous message(s) and why?

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Sat May 30, 2020 12:26 pm

tsunami_australia wrote:Did someone delete my previous message(s) and why?
Glenn even if you are a member of the RFS it is not a good idea to advertise in a public forum that you have unlicenced/unauthorised radio equipment programmed with frequencies that you are not licenced or authorised to have in a non issue radio.

If you are licenced or authorised then so beit.
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!

tsunami_australia

Post by tsunami_australia » Sat May 30, 2020 3:25 pm

rustynswrail wrote:
tsunami_australia wrote:Did someone delete my previous message(s) and why?
Glenn even if you are a member of the RFS it is not a good idea to advertise in a public forum that you have unlicenced/unauthorised radio equipment programmed with frequencies that you are not licenced or authorised to have in a non issue radio.
Errrr ... if you read what I said, yeah I have the frequency info all there BUT it's set to rx only so is NOT "unlicensed/unauthorised radio equipment programmed with frequenies that you are not licened or authoried".

The radios are all XTL, XTS and APX so are type approved equipment. All are only set to transmit where licensed to do so (commercial frequencies I rent and 2/70) so nope the programming is fine and you are most certainly permitted to put any frequency in the radio as a rx only frequency/channel and since like I said my RFS, AMBO etc etc is set to rx only it's legal. Even my 2m/70cm stuff is pre-programmed repeaters with a large block of 25k spaced frequencies at the back of that zone for any odd repeaters I don't have programmed in so no FPP ... because non affil. Even my non affil is fine because if it even attempts to affil it attempts on a 70cm frequency (deliberate change) where I'm licensed to tx. Then I'll power cycle the radio to stop it's attempts.

I program the non affil and rx frequencies in because it works better than my 996T (996 works ok in the cities but is totally useless outside of metro areas) and I don't have a scanner in the wife's car or house so radios it is. As for the TX frequencies for RFS ... I was at one point authorised due to some issues I'll not go into but since now I don't need it and are no longer permitted I've ticked the rx only personality ... so sure the info is still there after 15 odd years but it won't tx there. And yes the reason originally is I was a firefighter at the time (now shifted into the CC since due to medical issues they won't let me out in the field any more).

So where's the issue? I wouldn't be about to come out and incriminate myself if I could/was transmitting on unauthorised frequencies (over my pirating days, just use licensed frequencies now).

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Sat May 30, 2020 4:11 pm

Clearly you know it all, so good luck.

tsunami_australia

Post by tsunami_australia » Sat May 30, 2020 4:37 pm

Wow you're the life of the party aye. Never said or inferred i know all but was explaining what i have and asking where your issue was with it. But hey apparently your full of warnings and no suggestions why.

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Sat May 30, 2020 5:22 pm

No issue, you apparently have a clear and concise understanding of the Radiocommunications Act 1992 as amended, so I was merely acknowledging such and saying, good luck!