New Ambo codes?

Mike Alpha

New Ambo codes?

Post by Mike Alpha » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:04 pm

I notice ambos are using a new code system for patients going to a hospital. I have heard ambos say to the operator "we have a 8-1 to Liverpool". I've also heard them say they have a 3-1 and a 4-1.

Anyone know what these mean?

Mike

cartman

Re: New Ambo codes?

Post by cartman » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:16 am

Although I cant find a direct answer to your question, it would seem from googling that the Ambulance Service/NSW Health has moved to a new MDT system called Optima
There is a heavy emphasis on separating Emergency and Non-emergency jobs, in order to improve the efficiency and response of emergency ambulances
The new codes must be tied up with that Optima MDT system implementation

According to the NSW Health blurbs, non-emergency jobs come under a new system called NEPT (Non-emergency Patient transport)
Jobs are allocated to patient transport vehicles from across the various Local Health Districts and the NSW Ambulance green fleet.

"The Greater Metropolitan Booking Hub was established in May 2014 in Parramatta. When fully operational, the Hub will manage and coordinate all booking and dispatching functions for all NEPT, to ensure the best use of transport fleets across NSW. The initial implementation will focus on establishing the new system for the Greater Metropolitan Area at Parramatta followed by implementation in rural and regional areas in 2015 when an additional four NEPT regional satellite booking hubs will be established located in Port Macquarie, Tamworth, Dubbo and in either Wagga Wagga or Goulburn in the southern part of the state. This new centralised booking and dispatching service will reduce delays for patients and improve coordination of transport fleets. Each patient transport vehicle operating within the NEPT Program has an on-board Mobile Data Terminal (MDT) that receives information from the Optima system. As a staff member logs into the terminal at the start of a shift, they will receive their first active transport booking for the day. The MDTs receive real-time updates for the vehicle and driver throughout the day

NSW Health links
http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/nept/Pages/default.aspx
http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/nept/Docum ... tsheet.pdf

A lot of good background information here
https://www.hsu.asn.au/wp-content/uploa ... ReNEPT.pdf

Background vendor information
http://www.sigtec.com/news-and-events/n ... transport/
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

Mike Alpha

Post by Mike Alpha » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:05 pm

cartman wrote:When fully operational, the Hub will manage and coordinate all booking and dispatching functions for all NEPT, to ensure the best use of transport fleets across NSW.
It's already up and running. They are using a few of their Incident TGs for PTO comms.

Mike

cartman

Post by cartman » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:33 pm

Yes i noticed the new "Booking Hub" dispatcher id on Talkgroup 10336 on 24th May .... they were using 10319, 10320 and 10336 for jobs, though i havent listened much since
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:46 pm

I thought the ambos may have come into line with hospitals and other health providers and may have been using the Australiasian Triage Scale on their patients, but that is only a rating from 1 to 5 so wouldn't fit with what is being heard, unless the have added some extra 'non-urgent' categories.