Sydney to Go Silent

Re: Sydney South West to go Silent

Postby cartman » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:27 pm

There is a couple more videos on CAD

CAD-INCIDENTS
https://vimeo.com/76023110

CAD-MAPS
https://vimeo.com/76123980

and probably a couple more dozen videos on mdt equipment installation
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 2, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246, GRE Pro96.
Software:
DSD v1.101, WinDSDv2, ADCR25 v5.10, Unitrunker, Trunkview
User avatar
cartman
 
Posts: 1993
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Liverpool, NSW, Australia

Re: Sydney South West to go Silent

Postby Mr Flibble » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:34 pm

Argh.. Norris's thick South African accent... Why would you torture me on a Saturday Grant!
User avatar
Mr Flibble
Site Admin
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 9:33 pm

Re: Sydney South West to go Silent

Postby JAFO » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:37 pm

cartman wrote:There is a couple more videos on CAD

CAD-INCIDENTS
https://vimeo.com/76023110

CAD-MAPS
https://vimeo.com/76123980

and probably a couple more dozen videos on mdt equipment installation


those 2 vedio's I don't think are based on the MDT's going into Station Appliances, but look more like the Fire Ground Management application that the Operational Commanders have available to them via tough book type computers.
JAFO
User avatar
JAFO
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:35 pm

Re: Sydney South West to go Silent

Postby Mr Flibble » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:35 pm

JAFO wrote:
cartman wrote:There is a couple more videos on CAD

CAD-INCIDENTS
https://vimeo.com/76023110

CAD-MAPS
https://vimeo.com/76123980

and probably a couple more dozen videos on mdt equipment installation


those 2 vedio's I don't think are based on the MDT's going into Station Appliances, but look more like the Fire Ground Management application that the Operational Commanders have available to them via tough book type computers.


Correct, the videos are for ADASHI Lite. It's installed on an HP laptop in every Duty Commanders vehicle and the ICVs/MCCs.
User avatar
Mr Flibble
Site Admin
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 9:33 pm

Re: Sydney South West to go Silent

Postby Mr Flibble » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:36 pm

JAFO wrote:
cartman wrote:There is a couple more videos on CAD

CAD-INCIDENTS
https://vimeo.com/76023110

CAD-MAPS
https://vimeo.com/76123980

and probably a couple more dozen videos on mdt equipment installation


those 2 vedio's I don't think are based on the MDT's going into Station Appliances, but look more like the Fire Ground Management application that the Operational Commanders have available to them via tough book type computers.


Correct, the videos are for ADASHI Lite. It's installed on an HP laptop in every Duty Commanders vehicle and the ICVs/MCCs.
User avatar
Mr Flibble
Site Admin
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 9:33 pm

Re: Sydney South West to go Silent

Postby JAFO » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:52 pm

The rollout of the MDTs into MW1 starts this coming week apparently
JAFO
User avatar
JAFO
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:35 pm

Re: Sydney South West to go Silent

Postby JAFO » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:57 am

The rollout of the MDTs is becoming quite extensive with a number stations within major centres receving the MDTs this month, so the whole state is about to become some what quieter very shortly.

And right before the Bushfire Session starts, so nothing like a good old blow up day or two to work out all the bugs.
JAFO
User avatar
JAFO
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:35 pm

Re: Sydney to Go Silent

Postby JAFO » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:24 pm

Well apparently 168 MDTs have been installed into appliances in Metropolitan and Regional Stations and are now live.

already I've done a couple of calls where the radio has not been touched at all with Code 1, 3, the STOP and Code 4 & 5 all being given via the MDT.
JAFO
User avatar
JAFO
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:35 pm

Re: Sydney to Go Silent

Postby Chrisco » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:16 pm

JAFO wrote:Well apparently 168 MDTs have been installed into appliances in Metropolitan and Regional Stations and are now live.

already I've done a couple of calls where the radio has not been touched at all with Code 1, 3, the STOP and Code 4 & 5 all being given via the MDT.


That would be a simple job JAFO? where no radio transmit was required like fire panel alarm or...
Uniden UBCD996T x3 | UBCT-9 | UBCD396T | UBC61XLT | UM423AM | MC2800 | UBC60XLT | ICOM IC-41s/w | IC-M34 | USDS100 | SDR |IC-400PRO
twitter/IG
User avatar
Chrisco
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:18 pm
Location: Sydney North

Re: Sydney to Go Silent

Postby Scotty » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:19 am

Still hearing plenty of activity on the Sydney fire channels, confined to mostly larger jobs. Don't know if the radio use will continue to decline over time, but as long as there is a need to pass sitreps one would think there will always be something broadcast for the more interesting jobs. As JAFO advised, many of the smaller jobs (which is a large number) are no longer being heard - however in many cases previously the appliance would get the printout at the station and all you would hear anyway would be only a 'Code 1' then a stop and alarm code.

There has been a fair bit of complaining from all parties over the air about the MDT's not functioning as intended or not working at all. Likely just teething problems that will be sorted with time.
Scotty
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:50 am
Location: Sydney and surrounds

PreviousNext

Return to Fire & Rescue NSW

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron

x