NSW FB

news

NSW FB

Post by news » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:32 am

Richard, I think NSW FB can make some $$ out of some recent pic's that your media team have posted up..... Looks like a typical Motorola "action" shot photo.

Good to see the new APX radios in action(well the Mic's anyway)

Great photo setup, I bet the media guys claimed overtime for this one!

cartman

Re: NSW FB

Post by cartman » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:24 am

A couple of questions:

How do you talk into the APX with a mask on?
Obviously incident sitreps are made in a safe location with mask up
Must be a lot of new APX's going into service judging by the new radio ids appearing on Unitrunker over the last couple of months

Do the firies have a winter uniform (the light brown colour) and a summer uniform (the usual yellow)?

Grant
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:23 am

Sorry guys I have to be careful what I say here now. I know this doesn't seem contentious but I'm not authorised to comment...

Cheers

Richard

Garry

Post by Garry » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:33 am

Grant, that is the new FRNSW uniform being rolled out
Happily Scanning Since 1983

JAFO

Post by JAFO » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:02 pm

And tell you what, the FRNSW (Media Section) really gets their Backs up when you refuse to meet local Media, and you refuse to allow your Photo or your Name to be given to the Media outlet that is pushing to interview you following a incident you attended while off-duty.

Bugger them, not going to give them any free feel good media coverage, that's extra unpaid work . . . bugger that
JAFO
VK2FGQ

UBCD369XT, UBCD536-PT, UBCD436-PT

Mr Flibble
Site Admin

Post by Mr Flibble » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:12 pm

Grant,

CABA masks have an audio port on the side of them so that you can still talk with the mask on. It works surprisingly well.

Cheers,
AJ
Last edited by Mr Flibble on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAFO

Post by JAFO » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:29 pm

cartman wrote:A couple of questions:

How do you talk into the APX with a mask on?
Obviously incident sitreps are made in a safe location with mask up
Must be a lot of new APX's going into service judging by the new radio ids appearing on Unitrunker over the last couple of months

Do the firies have a winter uniform (the light brown colour) and a summer uniform (the usual yellow)?

Grant
Alpha Juliet wrote:Grant,

CABA masks have an audio port on the side of them so that you can still talk with the mask on. It works surprisingly well.

Cheers,
Ash
Well Ash . . . to be correct No the BA Mask don't have a Audio port on the side of them.

What they do have is a Speech Diaphragm, on these ones the Speech Diaphragm is located just under where the the Demand Valve connects to the mask, and these ones are not that crash hot when it comes to communicating between each other (BA Teams) alone over a radio, many of us don't even bother trying to use the radio due to how poor the Speech Diaphragm projects your voice's with these BA Sets, it seems to very widely between manufactures and even BA Set Models for some reason, sometimes its just more easier to wait the 2 or 3 minutes to leave the building and speak direct without the mask on.

There is talk of New FRNSW Helmets coming-in in the next 18 months or so which will incorporated a Mic & Speaker System into the Helmet harness or simulator, I have heard of such helmet radio gear being tested by Hot Fire Training Instructors where time allows the correct fitting, but I have not heard it being tested by station crews on the run to real burning buildings testing the gear as yet, and that's where it comes down to how user friendly the system is to if the firefighters will use the gear or leave it sitting on the truck seats.
JAFO
VK2FGQ

UBCD369XT, UBCD536-PT, UBCD436-PT