New Channel and Zone Allocations

JAFO

Re: New Channel and Zone Allocations

Post by JAFO » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:08 pm

Longreach wrote:Hi all,
Yeah fair enough, I notice its a little quieter now. You do get the odd stresshead operator but seems to be working well as a listener.
what was the go too with ringing in code 5's?
cheers
Matt
Matt,

Crews ringing in their return to station (code 5) . . . Yea this one has got me too.

Sydney Station's have always rang Sydney Comm's when returning to station, it was only the country station's who use to pass code 5's to either Katoomba, Wollongong or Newcastle Comm Centres, this changed when we moved to two Comm Centres, maybe to reduce the ESCAD search time of radio operators in trying to find the incident and add the code 5 of an appliance into the ESCAD.

The general view of most of us on the trucks is, the ESCAD is not as good as the old FireCAD System, but the Government wanted a "Whole of Emergency Service CAD System" and now it is in, well as the saying goes . . . we just have to try and make a pole of crap look and smell like ice cream
JAFO
VK2FGQ

UBCD369XT, UBCD536-PT, UBCD436-PT

nem

Re: New Channel and Zone Allocations

Post by nem » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:24 pm

Hi all,

Does anyone have an update of the talk group allocations (and Channel Descriptions) for FRNSW? I.e. 101 ME1 A
There are a few channel descriptions missing on the posts on this forum. e.g. 10109 missing a description (but TG definitely in use).

Thanks,
Nigel