Nothing to report really

ivahri

Re: Nothing to report really

Post by ivahri » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:06 pm

JAFO wrote:Nothing to report really, although had the chance to ride in one of the new Scania Pumps for the past 3 weeks, and some may be interested to know that these new pumps in the future will come equipped with the Motorola ASTRO XTL 5000 for the GRN as well as a Motorola ASTRO XTL 2500 Digital Mobile Radio as a in-cabin Fire Ground Radio.

It is fitted with Street GPS Navigation and these new Pumps will also come pre-wired with antenna + coax, power cable etc, to take GPS/Mobile Data Terminals, Satellite Phone and CB Radio equipment when they come from the manufacturer.

Nice truck I must say.
Hi Grant,

Yes I have to admit to liking these appliances- I had the chance to go down to SEM at Ballarat as part of the radio system design team. Comms guys don't normally get to go for a ride but I had a chance to ride in it out on a country road at speed. Awesome!

There is a very good reason why as much of the cabling is prerun- these trucks aren't easy to run extra cabling in so it was reasoned that the cost of prewiring was worth the potential of having to pull these trucks apart later.

Cheers,

Richard

Hoodwinked

Post by Hoodwinked » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:08 pm

Chrisco wrote:yeah a ho ho ho from ch 101 7:35:31am
also " judging by the clouds we are expecting some rain-dear"

didn't what to sart a new topic
Oh dear... so I wasn't the only tragic person who heard that! :lol:

Even better was the day before.....
"Pump xx you may take a code teww" (spoken in a Richie Benaud / The 12th man type of accent)
Then "maarvalous effort that"

Merry Christmas everyone

JAFO

Post by JAFO » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:35 pm

Hoodwinked wrote:Even better was the day before.....
"Pump xx you may take a code teww" (spoken in a Richie Benaud / The 12th man type of accent)
Then "maarvalous effort that"

Merry Christmas everyone
Very common on the Radio is the Richie Benaud mimics by a couple of Comm’s Operators, was most common on A Platoon at one stage.
JAFO
VK2FGQ

UBCD369XT, UBCD536-PT, UBCD436-PT