[QLD] Government Wireless Network (QLDGWN)

MMR, RMR, SAGRN, GWN, NTESTN, WAERN
Wonky

Re: [QLD] Government Wireless Network (GWN)

Post by Wonky » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:45 pm

Ahhh, that is interesting, thanks for the trick on leaving out the postcodes.

BrisbaneScan

Post by BrisbaneScan » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:43 pm

148, 149 and 150 are all portable allocations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
to many radios as 255 characters is not enough :)

Mike Alpha

Post by Mike Alpha » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:01 pm

From the Telco NSW 2015/16 Annual Report

2015/16 achievements

 Completion of a trial to test interconnection and interoperability between NSW and QLD government radio
networks to allow users on the NSW Government Radio Network to connect to users on the QLD Government
Wireless Network from the NSW agencies’ own handsets.

Interesting...

Mike

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:14 am

Very interesting!

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:52 am

That's not very clear, are they talking about talkgroups on the GRN being able to interop with talkgroups on the GWN, or do they mean NSW agency radios can roam into QLD (and vice versa) and affiliate with the other state's system?

If it's the former then that's not exactly new or even challenging, several agencies have RoIP links already between the GRN and either/both the VICMMR/RMR and SAGRN.

If it's the latter then it's just a question of programming an additional system into each radio. There are others ways to make a radio "roam" to different systems within the same WACN but that requires a lot more coordination between the states than what we have now!

Andrew

Wonky

Post by Wonky » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:26 pm

I can confirm that QPS channel 251 (talk group ID 10251) on the GWN provides them with access to the NSW Nth Coast VKG channel.

I am not sure if one exists for the QAS / NSWAS and QFES / NSWFR / RFS to interop...

Fyi, GWN talk groups in the 102xx range are for the QPS SE Region.

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:24 am

And the QLDGWN sites are now on the map as well here:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 609377&z=9

I thought the footprint was a lot bigger than it appears on the map, but I guess not?

A lot of the frequencies listed on page 1 of this thread are no longer licenced to the sites they're listed against too so I assume things have been rearranged since G8 (or whatever it was), plus all four Cairns sites appear to have been de-registered altogether (and I assume decommissioned)?

If anybody can see anything that needs fixing on the map, please let me know.

Andrew

P.S. I think that just leaves the VICRMR and SAGRN to go (not looking forward to South Aust much)!

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:37 am

Now that's more like what I expected to see in QLD...

HUGE thanks to Sigint for the updated info!

As is now evident, the list on the first page of this thread is WAY out of date, some sites have been amalgamated into simulcast sites, a heap of new sites added, etc.

Couple of weird things, there are a handful of locations which have two GWN sites on the same ACMA site, one regular GWN site and a separate "Air Ops" site (marked in sky blue on the map), don't ask me what these are or why they need to be separate, I couldn't tell ya!

Heaps of un-numbered sites too (marked in green), I'm unsure whether they're all operational, but they're on the ACMA. I just have one more run through the data and QLD will be done, but that can wait for another day.

If anyone can update anything above please do, or if anyone is up for a road trip... :lol:

I also entered what little information I could find about the P25 SAGRN as well, unfortunately the SAGRN website doesn't seem to have been updated since Feb 2016 and I'd think a lot has happened since then? Later on I might go through all the analog sites and add them as "unknown" as I'd be pretty sure the locations won't change?

I'm also gonna go back through and change some of the colours around too, just to try and make all the states more uniform.

I've been messing around trying to group all the simulcast sites together under a unique colour for each group, it seems to have worked alright for the GWN so I will go back and try to do the same for the other states too...

So much already done, so much still to do! (I think I'll get that chiselled on my tombstone)

Andrew

Sigint

Post by Sigint » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:52 pm

WOW. Very impressive. Thank you.

--
Sigint

Wonky

Post by Wonky » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:24 pm

Great work Andrew, do you still have your gmail account?

I just sent you an email to test, I have some info for you...