[QLD] Government Wireless Network (QLDGWN)

MMR, RMR, SAGRN, GWN, NTESTN, WAERN
Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Re: [QLD] Government Wireless Network (GWN)

Post by Bigfella237 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:11 pm

With thanks again to Sigint & Wonky, I think I can finally put a tick against the QLDGWN sites on the map!

There are apparently 182 current sites (not including 6 transportable sites) and we now have 181 identified locations on the map with only Kedron QES Operations Centre (as marked in green) not ID'd (no CC able to be received from outside the building), so I'm confident that the map for QLD is complete as of now, pending new additions anyway.

Now moving on to Victoria (again)...

Andrew

matthewn1983

Post by matthewn1983 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:37 pm

Great work!

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:41 am

Hope you don't mind me editing your post Matt but I've started updating the list of QLDGWN sites on page 1 of this thread, although it's gonna take me a while to finish... 17 sites down, 171 to go!

I've simplified the format from how the NSW list is done, I can still change it around later of course but I thought I'd just plow through the data for now and worry about that later?

Any thoughts, suggestions, corrections, etc., anyone?

Andrew

P.S. Wonky, I can't seem to find any peers in the UT data, does it not save the peer lists?

Sigint

Post by Sigint » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:32 am

Bigfella237 wrote:Any thoughts, suggestions, corrections, etc., anyone?
Could you please change the colour for the Phase 1 frequencies, maybe to Green, or Magenta, as I find it difficult to read that shade of Blue.

--
Sigint

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:21 am

Done! Try that...

Interesting things those frequencies, there's at least two on every site I've looked at so far, three on some sites, but they're hardly ever used going by the "hits" counter. On Site 001-001 for example, there are many hundreds of thousands of hits on each of the phase 2 bases, and the phase 1 bases mostly have under two thousand hits each, I have to wonder why they're even there?

Maybe they recycled some older gear that isn't P2 capable and they will eventually be upgraded? Maybe there is one user in particular that needs dedicated access to phase 1 (although there isn't really enough usage for that)? Maybe they're there for interoperability of some kind? Dunno?

Andrew

Wonky

Post by Wonky » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Andrew the Phase 1 channels are only used for data transmissions, no voice at all. You are right that most of them only get a few thousand hits. However each site has a few data channels that seem to be favoured more than others and they rotate around a bit and some are used very infrequently. Take 101 for example:

00-0325 424.0625 has over 2.6 million hits
00-0345 424.3125 has over 2.1 million hits and
00-0355 424.4375 has over 2.8 million hits

Wonky

Post by Wonky » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:14 pm

Bigfella237 wrote:P.S. Wonky, I can't seem to find any peers in the UT data, does it not save the peer lists?
No, UT will not save peers, they only show up when live monitoring a site.

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:31 pm

How can you tell from that list which freqs are Phase 1 and which are Phase 2?

Wonky

Post by Wonky » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:47 pm

From that pic you can't, but you can from the Band Plan tab. All LCN's that are 00-xxxx are phase 1. All LCN's that are 02-xxxx are phase 2 (different LCN's again for the 4 aero sites). I can put up a screen shot if you would like...

Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:51 pm

Ergh... I need an expense account for coffee!

After countless hours (seriously, I'm glad I didn't keep count) I think we can call the list of QLDGWN sites on page 1 of this thread finally done!

Or at least as done as it can be pending further data. If anyone spots anything that needs correcting or updating, please let us know here. I've been over this list so many times that I think I could recite it off by heart, so I think I caught all the mistakes, but you never know.

I'm gonna spend the next week or so catching up on lost sleep, then I might think about updating the VICMMR/RMR listing, depends how much info we have to work with, I haven't really even looked yet.

Enjoy!
Andrew

P.S. Oh I forgot, can someone have a look at the talkgroup/RID info at the bottom of the list?

I suspect it's all out-of-date too and if so it may as well not be there.