Channel W digital

Scotty

Re: Channel W digital

Post by Scotty » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:58 pm

aircadet wrote:So what will non police users of channel W do if it all goes encrypted?? eg careflight rta etc???
I doubt the whole of 'W' would go digital, it's a massive area which I think covers as far as Wagga? Or is that another channel? Anyway, I think the link will either still be with channel 'W' (which would make the digital kind of pointless) or be linked in with another analogue channel, which is probably more likely.

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:44 pm

I think here will go digital, encryption i cant see the point on doing it. and yes Wagga is a part of channel W and part of where i live too.
who knows just have to wait and see?
cheers
Matt
VK2MRC

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:51 pm

I doubt it will go encrypted, and for the person wanting to know about other non police users...

police are apparently under the impression they have no obligation to provide radio access to any non police users, as they can ring the radio room from a mobile phone if they need help...

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:56 pm

Also there is still one wideley used radio system that transmits confidential patient information that no one here has even though of, and the powers that be are obviously oblivious to and how easy it is to monitor...

BerryV

Post by BerryV » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:09 pm

centralcoastscanman wrote:I doubt it will go encrypted, and for the person wanting to know about other non police users...
you bet they will, along with a LOT more!. review your post in a 4 months time ;)

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:16 am

oh well ill just enjoy the next 4 months then :)
cheers
Matt
VK2MRC

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:58 am

centralcoastscanman wrote:I doubt it will go encrypted, and for the person wanting to know about other non police users...

police are apparently under the impression they have no obligation to provide radio access to any non police users, as they can ring the radio room from a mobile phone if they need help...
And besides that- talkgroup ESO10 is supposed to provide that gateway... that is why Police have access to the ESO talkgroups. You can be sure if other agencies encrypt 3rd party users will not have access to the encrypted channels.

Cheers,

Richard

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:17 am

exactly my point Richard...

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:04 pm

Look the way i look at it, Goulburn is the home of the Police Academy right??
there are cars that come here from all over the state, some have VHF only some have UHF zone 1 only.
there is of course ESO10. now wouldn't have to be some sort of requirement to have these cars be able to communicate with VKG similar to how Xray is set up now.
so someone tell me WHY does this area need encryption??? a fair proportion of the state hears this area already?
sorry just looking at the logical side of it.
cheers
Matt
VK2MRC

matthewn1983

Post by matthewn1983 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:11 pm

Just off topic, theres a nice little p25 channel in the clear on 469.07500 if you around the Northern Beaches, especially around the beach, and higher coastal parts.