Channel X

Longreach

Re: Channel X

Post by Longreach » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:17 pm

pirate for sure, the callsign xxxxxxxx 1 is reserved for local area commanders eg blacktown 1 which i believe is the LAC that covers Quakers hill. you dont hear them very often and why would a LAC commander bother doing a radio check on channel X when there area is covered by channel J2.
been waiting for this to happen has been way too quiet on channel X and peeved to see the Fwits finally figure it out.

you may be hearing Warilla bench, they look after channel W digital area(southern highlands). they are on the channel a fair bit.
VK2MRC

E=MC2

Post by E=MC2 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:40 am

These blokes are one of the main reasons VKG went digital, the state government looked like real pork chops when the media played recordings of the fwits who were heckling police on Bankstown and other channels around that area. This was played on the radio and TV news and was in daily newspapers on and off for over a week. The media were onto any pirate transmissions that were made from that point on. When ever pirate transmissions were an issue the Minster for Police was put on the skillet by the media played the recordings and asked how and why this is still going on. The pirate transmissions were playing throughout the cross to the Minster for Police with all the F & C's just blanked out but it was not at all hard to understand the threats and what was meant by the fwits. I am sorry to say that if the politicians were not being put on the skillet by the media as often as they were the police would still be on FM not Digital Enc, as it has cost so much to get to where we are now and it is very hard to get any more money to keep the roll out going. So in a way these fwits have done more for the NSW Police Forces Health and Safety than many years of requests to the government by NSW Police for a 1st world Police communications system. Well thats it for me, have a safe and happy weekend. 73z Richard VK2UAL - E=MC2

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:46 am

I would not go that far to let those idiots that TX on Police Channels think they caused the upgrade to digital

yeah bankstown went over to digital because of the bankstown boys

The Police were always going to go digital as its alot easier to secure the channel on digital than analogue
The other reason is counter-terrorism, don't forget those wacko's have got a lot of smarts behind them and if they realise that the cops are analogue system even easier to break into.

at least with encryption its a heck of alot harder... not know much about how to load crypto keys etc into radios I cannot say much more on that

nsw are moving over to grn anyway in the next couple of years hence once of the main reasons the grn is spending alot of money adding in more sites and making it all digital.
the other reason is as was said before the aging system

alphamike

Post by alphamike » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:56 pm

Definitely heard pirates tonight on channel Alpha. Voice came through in the clear, wasn't a car as they're still coming through enc.
"Radio you sound pretty hot, are you hot radio?" Radio asked for a repeat of call sign, nothing else was said.

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:43 pm

The Centracom's at VKG1 would display each of the radio id's transmitting, and once its realised its a stolen radio the operator should be able to disable the radio.

I know they can disable radios so they cannot tx, but as to what other functions exist i'm not sure about

so shortly the person with the radio will have a very expensive brick in their posession

AML

Post by AML » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:35 pm

centralcoastscanman wrote:The Centracom's at VKG1 would display each of the radio id's transmitting, and once its realised its a stolen radio the operator should be able to disable the radio.

I know they can disable radios so they cannot tx, but as to what other functions exist i'm not sure about

so shortly the person with the radio will have a very expensive brick in their posession
the radio is remote stunned/killed i.e. screen goes blank and no function at all will work etc.

If you ever see a Motorola radio that when turned on the screen shows self test then goes blank its been stunned

A radio can easily be recovered if found by the network or by "other" means.

criten

Post by criten » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:54 am

E=MC2 wrote:These blokes are one of the main reasons VKG went digital, the state government looked like real pork chops when the media played recordings of the fwits who were heckling police on Bankstown and other channels around that area. This was played on the radio and TV news and was in daily newspapers on and off for over a week.
I just wish I knew who they were so I could strangle them myself for destroying some good radio scanning.

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:00 am

A few have also discovered that the NSWFB have the same capability both on GRN and PMR. That is why all of the radios send out a short "blip" of data on the end of transmissions, they all send a radio ID automatically.

We had some clowns down the Illawarra make pests of themselves- it took about 30 minutes to get things sorted, killed the radio (stolen from a senior officer's car), the radio was dropped where it died, passer by finds the radio & takes it in to Warilla Police, returned to me a few days later.

Yes Criten thank them when ALL emergency services go encrypted... I have now heard this is becoming more & more likely. Some people will blame the "guvamint" and a anti-scanner mentality but the real reason is that jackasses like these leave emergency services with little choice.

Richard

Mike Alpha

Post by Mike Alpha » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:55 am

alexMc wrote:Definitely heard pirates tonight on channel Alpha. Voice came through in the clear, wasn't a car as they're still coming through enc.
"Radio you sound pretty hot, are you hot radio?" Radio asked for a repeat of call sign, nothing else was said.
You didn't get the RID by any chance did you? That could reveal if it was a stolen radio or just a Motorola-wise radio enthusiast. I think they can only zap radios that have a legit RID in the database.

Mike

criten

Post by criten » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:58 am

ivahri wrote:We had some clowns down the Illawarra make pests of themselves- it took about 30 minutes to get things sorted, killed the radio (stolen from a senior officer's car), the radio was dropped where it died, passer by finds the radio & takes it in to Warilla Police, returned to me a few days later.

Yes Criten thank them when ALL emergency services go encrypted... I have now heard this is becoming more & more likely. Some people will blame the "guvamint" and a anti-scanner mentality but the real reason is that jackasses like these leave emergency services with little choice.
I can understand how a stolen radio can be a problem as its programmed to TX. But is it really a problem with the GRN and *******'s bringing their own equipment? I was under the impression that the GRN won't let you associate/transmit to a channel unless your handset ID is authorized to do so. However I can see one way around that but it'd seem annoying to do and depends on the channel being active at the time.