New Whistler Scanners coming

Holdenracer

New Whistler Scanners coming

Post by Holdenracer » Fri May 18, 2018 10:24 am

Whistler to Launch New LSM Capable Scanners

Bentonville, AR– (May 17, 2018) The Whistler Group, Inc., a leading industry supplier of state-of the-art mobile electronics, announced today that they are in development of two new scanner models – the TRX-100 and TRX-200.

“Over the past 12 months, Whistler has listened to our customers and has worked to bring them what they have requested most,” said Wendy Taylor, Marketing Director at Whistler. “I am pleased to say that we are in development of the TRX-100 (handheld) and TRX-200 (desktop/Mobile) scanners which will feature an I/Q demodulator and A2DP Bluetooth Transceiver.”

Until now, traditional scanners have not had the ability to handle QPSK, a modulation scheme generated by Phase I and II simulcast systems, and as a result have fallen short when attempting to demodulate these signals resulting in poor reception and intelligible voice. With the addition of the I/Q demodulator, the TRX-100 and TRX-200 will outperform traditional scanners during weak signal conditions and Linear Simulcast Modulations (LSM), an issue that has plagued many customers.

Additionally, the A2DP Bluetooth transceiver will enable customers to pair common Bluetooth devices such as their favorite headphones or speaker for a completely wireless user experience in the home or on the go. The Bluetooth transceiver also opens up new opportunities for Whistler to partner with 3rd party developers to create virtual scanner apps which would allow the user to control the scanner remotely.

Like the TRX-1 and TRX-2, not only will these new models decode all major digital voice modes including P25 Phase I and II, they will also include DMR and NXDN at no additional cost to the customer.

The TRX-100 and TRX-200 will also include the advanced features you have come to trust from a Whistler Scanner:

Full backlit alphanumeric keypad
Scan, Pause, Select and navigation controls
All USA/Canada services and frequencies pre-programmed onto included SD Card
Upgradeable CPU, DSP, and library
Store favorite scanlists
EZ Scan PC software
Permits recording by scannable object and saves into a Windows compatible audio file
Clock and calendar function adds date/time info to the recordings
Dedicated SKYWARN®/Weather button
Spectrum Sweeper
Programmable audio and visual alert system

The TRX-100 and TRX-200 will begin shipping in Q4 2018.

rustynswrail

Re: New Whistler Scanners coming

Post by rustynswrail » Fri May 18, 2018 5:31 pm

And the f@#$ing yanks are whinging about it already. Nobody knows anything about the new Whistlers apart from some brief details on LSM and Bluetooth, with some saying if they don't do this or that they are not buying them. As I said in a post on RR, move to Australia if you want to have something to complain about re scanners.

R
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!

Air490

Post by Air490 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:16 pm

Here! Here!
I think that many people on the RR forums forget it is just a hobby

Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:18 pm

Air490 wrote:Here! Here!
I think that many people on the RR forums forget it is just a hobby
I reckon the majority do remember but just want to whine and b***h anyway.

They don't however have a clue how good they've got it in regards to options, support and community engagement.
Regards,
Pumper_50

http://vicradiozone.com

cartman

Post by cartman » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:08 pm

Whistler Wendy announced about a week ago:

"We’ve received a lot of questions lately about the timeline for the TRX-100 and TRX-200 scanners.
I just wanted to let everyone know that due some changes we’ve made in the development of the product and our intent to bring only the best performing unit to market, we have adjusted the timeline of the launch of this product to Q1 2019."
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

Chrisco

Post by Chrisco » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:43 pm

Has anyone heard or read any updates re TRX-100/200....
Uniden UBCD996T x3 | UBCT-9 | UBCD396T | UBC61XLT | UM423AM | MC2800 | UBC60XLT | ICOM IC-41s/w | IC-M34 | USDS100 | SDR |IC-400PRO
twitter/IG

cartman

Post by cartman » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:01 am

Nothing heard lately

Official announcements by "WhistlerWendy" normally appear here at the top of the page

https://forums.radioreference.com/forum ... nners.247/
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

Holdenracer

Post by Holdenracer » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:38 am

Hi guys -
I wanted to let you all know that we have discontinued our development on the TRX-100 and TRX-200 as it was not meeting the expectations of the level of scanner we want to bring to you. We have high expectations for our scanners and we never want to disappoint our customers so sometimes we have to make difficult decisions. The good news is we are dedicated to the scanner industry and we already have several other new projects on tap for the future so stay tuned!

Keep Scanning!
Whistler Wendy