Decoding P25 NSWGRN information

centralcoastscanman

Re: Decoding P25 NSWGRN information

Post by centralcoastscanman » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:16 pm

cartman wrote:If you can get your hands on an old second PRO96 (quite often advertised on ebay for a couple of hundred dollars) i found that Andrew Comms at Greystanes carries the data cabling for that model for about 60 odd dollars.
There is a quick four step process to get the data rolling, edit and configure the PRO96.com settings and "bingo" it starts recording + i have a uniden 396 to do voice duties
The issues i have are with PRO96.com is with the UAC settings of Windows 7 - suffice to say that i can't get to record the data permanently - anyway Citabria knows how IT challenged i am

Grant
PRO96COM is a good piece of software and i've got it running very well on Windows 7 Home for when i go mobile or when i'm at work and hook my scanner up in the office.

Only problem I found was copying the stuff over was Windows 7 put on a Read Only attribute to the entire folder, once i removed that all was sweet

soupbones

Post by soupbones » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:28 pm

Same here. I have had it running non stop now for weeks ( Give or take the odd windows 7 update that requires a reboot ).
Great applications. Works well under Windows 7.

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:49 pm

Hi all, late into this one(have been away) but have no problems decoding the P25 GRN with a discriminator tap on a Uniden BC350C and using my normal netbook as i did when i was decoding the old 4.1 GRN. the key is getting the volume on the soundcard right, have been decoding the new GRN since december last year.
I use Unitrunker as well. i have run PRO96com but im not tying up one of my 96's or 500's when unitrunker does the job fine for me.
cheers
Matt
VK2MRC