Single frequency DMR Capacity Plus systems

cartman

Single frequency DMR Capacity Plus systems

Post by cartman » Tue May 24, 2016 5:36 am

I have seen a few of these lately while trawling the Sydney airwaves with DSDPlus on the tapped 796
Just one frequency only registered on the ACMA
DMR Capacity Plus normally means single site multi frequency, so these were always a bit of a mystery

However this morning I found what appears to be the answer on a response by a radio tech in the Radioreference voice control channel decoding software sub-forum

" I prefer (DMR) Cap Plus to standard convention for a few reasons........
-capacity (trunking- you can easily have 4-6 talkgroups on a single repeater)
-system wide all call (you light up every radio when doing a capacity plus all-call)
-system wide private call (you will connect to your private call recipient if his radio is on and in range)
-system wide radio ping and disable (I can ping your radio to see if it is on and in range, I can disable as well)
-with Conventional DMR you must be on the right slot and correct talkgroup in order to do any of the above........."

Somebody else added if there are more than two talkgroups active at the same time on a single frequency capacity plus site, then the system will show busy. If the rest channel changes to Ch 3 or 4, then it will confirm it is a two frequency site instead of single

So it is a little more clearer what is going on now.
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview