UHF CB base

Please read the rules before requesting an item!
centralcoastscanman

Re: UHF CB base

Post by centralcoastscanman » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:29 pm

dunno about jaycare at fyshwick, when i've been in there the staff have been rude and not very helpful to locate items i was not sure where to find.

freqwaves

Post by freqwaves » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:11 pm

Farnell Components at Chester Hill

Chrisco

Post by Chrisco » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:32 am

also havealook at
http://www.pololu.com/
http://www.sparkfun.com/

both which post to Australia
Uniden UBCD996T x3 | UBCT-9 | UBCD396T | UBC61XLT | UM423AM | MC2800 | UBC60XLT | ICOM IC-41s/w | IC-M34 | USDS100 | SDR |IC-400PRO
twitter/IG

Mike Alpha

Post by Mike Alpha » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Longreach wrote:Hi all,
Yeah hard to believe that they have done such a great job murdering an australian institution like Dicks and Tandy before that. I can remember as a kid going to Tandy and Dick's at Bankstown square to pick up the odd kit to make with my dad. As i grew up they shut at BK square and opened up the Powerhouse down at the Christie centre on Canterbury rd. Was great initially had all the radio section down the back with a amateur guy who actually knew what he was doing. Slowly as the woolworths stench sunk in it all dissappeared and it just become a JB hi fi. I stopped going as it did nothing well.
Matt
The Powerhouse at Bankstown is no more. I noticed it's in the process of being gutted yesterday. Interestingly, all the amateur antennas are still up on the roof. A huge 3 element HF beam and various vertical antennas.

I wonder who I'd have to speak to to take them off their hands??

Mike

matthewn1983

Post by matthewn1983 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:40 pm

The big store at Macquarie Nth Ryde is gone too i noticed today - maybe just ask the building manager, ive heard of blokes asking for old Sky Channel satellite dishes and havent had a problem.

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:46 pm

Mike Alpha wrote: ~ Interestingly, all the amateur antennas are still up on the roof. ~ I wonder who I'd have to speak to to take them off their hands??
Wouldn't surprise me if they've been forgotten about Mike?

Ring up the centre management office and ask, if Woolworths... err sorry... Dick Smith is gone already, they might be happy for you to get them removed and take 'em away, you'd probably have to pay a suitably qualified person though as I doubt they'd just let you climb up there yourself?

Andrew

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:56 pm

Hi All,
Those antennas have been there quite a few years, 15 years or more. A good acquisition though if they can go to a new home.
cheers all
Matt
VK2MRC

cartman

Post by cartman » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:55 pm

Blacktown Westpoint has gone as well.
The woolworths charge as much as you can get away with approach to retailing didnt help it in the end. (apparently they are still doing it in a closing down sale .... not that many good bargins)
They are world class in the stakes of killing off a brand.
So i figure what appears to be left are essentially property assets ... leased store space in shopping centres have been targeted for closure.
I did see in one small note on one page on a google link that Woolworths are now looking at J & B Hi fi to buy

Grant

Three relevant links:

http://www.current.com.au/2012/05/03/ar ... OEARTHJYIO
http://www.current.com.au/2012/05/04/ar ... BYJHJ.html

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/bs. ... ent&src=mp
Anchorage Capital, Dick Smith, Woolworths

"Woolworths' sale of its Dick Smith unit appears to be drawing to a close, as the general manager of the electronics chain, Debra Singh, ends her 11-year career with the company.

In a memo to staff yesterday (31st July 2012), Singh said now is the right time for her to resign, "with the divestment of Dick Smith close to completion," according to The Australian Financial Review. The sale is expected to close within the next fortnight.

Singh has been instrumental in the divestment of her division, which was flagged in January following a strategic review. She has since closed more than 25 stores and hosted investment presentations to scores of interested parties.

However, those ranks have thinned significantly, which may not bode well for the final price. The most likely bidders are now said to be private equity group Anchorage Capital, or a syndicate led by former Woolworths chief financial officer Bill Wavish.

Whoever the buyer turns out to be, Singh will leave Dick Smith in August."
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:15 am

I did see in one small note on one page on a google link that Woolworths are now looking at J & B Hi fi to buy
Great then they can buy it and stuff another brand.
Just wish they stick to what they do best, groceries and the fact you open your wallet at the checkout and say 'here, help yourself'
Matt
VK2MRC