Updated Mobile Shack & The Start of my Base Setup

alphamike

Updated Mobile Shack & The Start of my Base Setup

Post by alphamike » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:47 pm

You've all seen my car go through different stages.
I keep changing things, suddenly decide i do and don't like things.
Finally I've gotten around to changing to RFI Antennas and love the performance improvement.
Currently all i have is a a Simoco SRM 9022.

The whip is for the Simoco, and the Glass mount is tuned for 477mHz, which i just removed to change to a new radio.

Older setup's include different radios mounting positions and antennas.
Once upon a time i was running 3 radios.

When not in the car I've got my Motorola XTS3000R, Motorola Advisor II, Garmin Rhino - used for plotting and mapping.
Didn't realize I'd be in the reflection, stupid tinted glass. ;)

I'm also looking forward to getting some gear in the house.
I've just bought the pole and antennas, also RFI.

centralcoastscanman

Re: Updated Mobile Shack & The Start of my Base Setup

Post by centralcoastscanman » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:41 pm

Interesting use of your antenna's alex, I'm pleased your happy with the performance.

I'd suggest if your not already thinking about using the antenna's you've got mounted on the pole sitting in the room bolting them to the outside of your house as that will give kick ass performance...

Wonky

Post by Wonky » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:58 am

Nice gear Alex!

Is that white stick an RFI ant.? What model is it?

Regards,

Sean

astro_boy

Post by astro_boy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:49 pm

I like the 9022, with the nice control head and all.
How much they go for ?

alphamike

Post by alphamike » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:30 pm

centralcoastscanman wrote:Interesting use of your antenna's alex, I'm pleased your happy with the performance.

I'd suggest if your not already thinking about using the antenna's you've got mounted on the pole sitting in the room bolting them to the outside of your house as that will give kick ass performance...
Yeah,
They are still inside, it might look like there connected but there not, i have cables running everywhere, they were merely bolted on for a photo.
One day i will get around to installing them.
Wonky wrote:Nice gear Alex!

Is that white stick an RFI ant.? What model is it?

Regards,

Sean
Sure is, It's a COD4, covers 400-520 MHz
http://www.rfi.com.au/downloads/wireles ... e/COD4.pdf
astro_boy wrote:I like the 9022, with the nice control head and all.
How much they go for ?
I originally bought the transceiver second hand and it came with the 9030 Control Head.
I purchased the 9022 Control Mic direct from a dealer, costed just over $300

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:58 pm

the simoco's are a nice radio, its a shame some dealers are so anal when it comes to supplying the P25 cards to be installed in them.

a mate of mine purchased a brand new radio from a reputable dealer on the central coast under the impression he could get the p25 card installed later on, turned out the salesman didn't do his research very well as the p25 card was going to cost half the price of the radio he had just purchased.

I did tell him he would have been better off going for a tait p25 radio, but ah well

alphamike

Post by alphamike » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:28 pm

centralcoastscanman wrote:the simoco's are a nice radio, its a shame some dealers are so anal when it comes to supplying the P25 cards to be installed in them.

a mate of mine purchased a brand new radio from a reputable dealer on the central coast under the impression he could get the p25 card installed later on, turned out the salesman didn't do his research very well as the p25 card was going to cost half the price of the radio he had just purchased.

I did tell him he would have been better off going for a tait p25 radio, but ah well
I can vouch for that too, i was inquiring about P25 for mine, another dealer contacted me once then probably decided it was too hard or not worth it, i never heard back from them.

Wonky

Post by Wonky » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:44 pm

Thanks for the link Alex, snappy looking ant.

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:51 pm

alexMc wrote:
centralcoastscanman wrote:the simoco's are a nice radio, its a shame some dealers are so anal when it comes to supplying the P25 cards to be installed in them.

I can vouch for that too, i was inquiring about P25 for mine, another dealer contacted me once then probably decided it was too hard or not worth it, i never heard back from them.
I just thought sucked in as i did recomend he go towards tait, but he liked the pretty micrphone that came with the radio i think...