Monitoring Times to cease publication

matthewn1983

Monitoring Times to cease publication

Post by matthewn1983 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:50 am

http://mt-utility.blogspot.com.au/2013/ ... ation.html

December 2013 will be the last issue of Monitoring Times.
After 33 years of publishing the most informative and lauded magazine on monitoring the radio spectrum, Judy and I are finally going to retire. We are grateful for the dedicated efforts of our fine staff of writers for the excellent work which has kept MT alive for all these years. While we know the discontinuation of MT, with our December issue, will be a disappointment to our readers and writers alike, we realize that a combination of a down-turned economy, as well as the ready availability of free listening and technical information on the Internet, has reduced sales and subscriptions throughout the market place. I would like to thank you personally for your knowledge, your dependability, and your professionalism in making MT the publication that is most often referred to in the radio monitoring hobby. It is a legacy that we have all inherited.

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Re: Monitoring Times to cease publication

Post by Bigfella237 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:49 pm

Geez, how dumb do I feel... I've never heard of Monitoring Times magazine?

Andrew

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:15 pm

Bigfella237 wrote:Geez, how dumb do I feel... I've never heard of Monitoring Times magazine?

Andrew
You're not alone there Andrew! Never heard of it.

Edit: MT appears to be an American publication. Probably explain why it's some of us have never heard of it.

matthewn1983

Post by matthewn1983 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:41 pm

Was mainly for HF/Utility Scanning, i know a couple of people here were subscribed to it.