New Fleetcoms sites

Sigint

Re: New Fleetcoms sites

Post by Sigint » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:27 pm

system_tech wrote:Mt Heaton UHF and VHF Fleetcoms on air as of Tuesday.
Interesting that the new UHF frequencies on Mt Heaton, are 10K1F9W, as are the ones at Adamstown, but the VHF frequencies, which are presumably being used, and which have been on Mt Heaton for quite a few years, are still 10K1F2EFF.

It seems that the new UHF frequencies on Mt Heaton, have been moved from Sugarloaf Range, which was SysID 5041.

So that raises the question as to what is the SysID for Adamstown UHF, and for the Mt Heaton Site.

In the past, if Fleetcoms had both UHF and VHF on the same Site, then they both used the same SysID. However, Adamstown VHF is/was 5041, but, as mentioned above, Sugarloaf Range UHF was SysID 5041, and most of those frequencies are now on Mt Heaton.

--
Sigint

Edit Information in Blue, was added at the same time system_tech was submitting his post.
Last edited by Sigint on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

system_tech

Post by system_tech » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:54 pm

All depends on what the contracors (Authorised Frequency Assigners) who do the frequency assignment paperwork and submit to ACMA put on the application! God knows!

Heaton was going to be UHF only to replace Sugarloaf but since the voice & data links would have to be installed for the UHF anyway, it was all too easy to piggy back the VHF, especially as the frequencies were already being paid for. It seems way back that Heaton was considered as part of the Hunter VHF plan but never actually installed.

Sigint

Post by Sigint » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:23 pm

Well that was an interesting exercise.

I started editing my last post before system_tech posted his reply, and I am sure that in the past, that if someone posted in the same thread while I was editing a post, then I was warned that another post had been made, when I pressed the Submit button, and then given an option to review my post.

On this occasion, that didn't happen, but maybe I am getting confused with other Forums.

--
Sigint

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:16 am

Sigint wrote: ~ maybe I am getting confused with other Forums ~
It was definitely a feature on this forum, haven't seen it happen in a while but I guess the situation just hadn't come up lately.

Andrew

system_tech

Post by system_tech » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:56 am

Sigint wrote:
system_tech wrote:Mt Heaton UHF and VHF Fleetcoms on air as of Tuesday.
Interesting that the new UHF frequencies on Mt Heaton, are 10K1F9W, as are the ones at Adamstown, but the VHF frequencies, which are presumably being used, and which have been on Mt Heaton for quite a few years, are still 10K1F2EFF.

It seems that the new UHF frequencies on Mt Heaton, have been moved from Sugarloaf Range, which was SysID 5041.

So that raises the question as to what is the SysID for Adamstown UHF, and for the Mt Heaton Site.

In the past, if Fleetcoms had both UHF and VHF on the same Site, then they both used the same SysID. However, Adamstown VHF is/was 5041, but, as mentioned above, Sugarloaf Range UHF was SysID 5041, and most of those frequencies are now on Mt Heaton.

--
Sigint

Edit Information in Blue, was added at the same time system_tech was submitting his post.

Adamstown UHF has the syscode 5041 same as VHF

Mt Heaton V & U are 5051 if my small brain is functioning ok at 5am-ish.

If V and U are close by but not on the same site, they get the same syscode, along with of course V & U on the same site. An example is Mt Penang U and Mt Elliot V.