Vertel Team Talk TETRA

Mike Alpha

Vertel Team Talk TETRA

Post by Mike Alpha » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:15 pm

Our Team Talk TETRA offering delivers improved voice clarity, increased security of messages and
the functionality to ‘interoperate’ with other radio and fixed public / private networks. The network
is easily integrated with an organisation’s WAN and can be dynamically configured.

Network brochure - http://www.vertel.com.au/my-files/Broch ... a%20R2.pdf

Interesting radio - http://www.selexelsag.com/internet/inde ... ntry=17311

Mike

Chrisco

Re: Vertel Team Talk TETRA

Post by Chrisco » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:30 am

very ugly radio ..love the name "Team Talk"
Uniden UBCD996T x3 | UBCT-9 | UBCD396T | UBC61XLT | UM423AM | MC2800 | UBC60XLT | ICOM IC-41s/w | IC-M34 | USDS100 | SDR |IC-400PRO
twitter/IG

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:03 am

Mike Alpha wrote:Our Team Talk TETRA offering delivers improved voice clarity, increased security of messages and
the functionality to ‘interoperate’ with other radio and fixed public / private networks. The network
is easily integrated with an organisation’s WAN and can be dynamically configured.

Network brochure - http://www.vertel.com.au/my-files/Broch ... a%20R2.pdf
Interesting radio - http://www.selexelsag.com/internet/inde ... ntry=17311
Mike
When it boils down, the average user would not care about all the BS above, their questions would be, How far can I get on that? and Whats it going to cost? And if you are a towing company, Can anyone listen on a scanner? All the rest is just meaningless sales pitch.

R
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!

matthewn1983

Post by matthewn1983 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:28 pm

Looks like the MTP850Ex (ATEX).

Good luck to them, but alot of users on the Motorola Tetra network have been and left, not happy with the results. Vertel might have the sites around the place, but you are only targetting the same users who have already left a Tetra setup, or already moved over to a newer platform? (ie, Trbo or NXDN, or left radio altogether and moved to 3/4G mobile phone as a number of people ive spoken to recently have done.)

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:28 pm

Rusty's reply is on the money... just more sales BS. Let Vertel put the money up to build the network & see if it can generate a return. I love Tetra, I think if we had a population of 20+million in NSW it would make some sense... but we don't. Till then it will never fly except maybe in Sydney which already has an abundance of built networks.

Cheers

Richard

matthewn1983

Post by matthewn1983 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:32 pm

Is Vertel's Tetra setup in the 400mhz or 800mhz, i havent come across anything yet?

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:43 am

Because it doesn't exist yet... they are trying to sell the technology. For example, look at the spec sheet on their brochure. Available bands include 380-430MHz.... Does it? Ummm, I didn't no Vertel were either Defence or a government agency! That isn't going to happen & speaking for myself I think they do themselves a disservice trying to sell a technology to people who don't understand what the regulatory constraints are. And when it comes to Tetra the constraints are very serious- because 400MHz is OUT (yes I know in theory it could be supported... but it isn't) and 900MHz is under an ACMA embargo that favours future technologies that are more "profitable" than Tetra.

Cheers,

Richard

system_tech

Post by system_tech » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:49 am

The WA Police Tetra network built by Simoco was a failure. Ended up with Smartzone.

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:32 pm

system_tech wrote:The WA Police Tetra network built by Simoco was a failure. Ended up with Smartzone.
Lets not talk about the AIRWAVE system in the UK.

Unlike Richard, I don't like TETRA, it appears to have too many problems everywhere it is installed.

When I was in Hong Kong recently I spoke to a HK police officer about their TETRA network, he was not impressed with the system from a users point of view. I gather from what he was saying, the transmissions had a habit of becoming digital noise for no apparent reason. They patrol in pairs, his radio might be garbled, his partner, standing beside him might be fine. Obviously I have no way of verifying his claims.

Russell
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!

news

Post by news » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:58 pm

Tetra is a good system and works well when there is coverage. I use it all over sydney and the audio craps all over NXDN and TRBO over the trunked networks.

I would argue it even sounds more "human" than P25!.

Richard, it would be on 800mhz, vertel already have plenty of freq's there. i've left a voicemail on somebodies work number so will find out after the long weekend what the situation is with the network and what stage it is at.