P25 voice frequencies.

citabria
Site Admin

Re: P25 voice frequencies.

Post by citabria » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:51 pm

Mike Alpha wrote:
citabria wrote:
soupbones wrote:Razorback still only has two. So do many of the surrounding sites as Mike says.
Makes sense - ill run pro96com against as many sites as I can hear tonight and post screenshots.
It's a shame pro96com, or any other P25 decode software, can't show the active VFs on each site without a transmission having to be made. Surely the information is contained in the CC data stream??

Mike
I was thinking the same thing MIke - but sadly no, the only reason a traffic channel is ever referenced by the CC is when a radio needs to be handed over to it. So unfortunately its just a waiting game :(

news

Post by news » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:19 am

Bigfella237 wrote:Once they've gone over to P25, I'm guessing that you will start to see the old Type II sites disappearing quite quickly as they're fully upgraded to P25?

The Phase III agencies (RTA/TMC and whoever's left) will probably have to get by with the poor coverage of an ever shrinking network until they move as well in April next year (2011)?

Andrew
Why shut down the "old" Type II system ? works just fine now. The NSWP can then easily be shifted over without the system busy issues(their only argument in the past)

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:00 am

news wrote:
Bigfella237 wrote:Once they've gone over to P25, I'm guessing that you will start to see the old Type II sites disappearing quite quickly as they're fully upgraded to P25?

The Phase III agencies (RTA/TMC and whoever's left) will probably have to get by with the poor coverage of an ever shrinking network until they move as well in April next year (2011)?

Andrew
Why shut down the "old" Type II system ? works just fine now. The NSWP can then easily be shifted over without the system busy issues(their only argument in the past)
Start a new topic and I'll answer it, but please don't sidetrack this one. In short, how long do you think equipment should last? This system went in in the early 1990's. It is LIFE EXPIRED. Try getting spare parts for an FJ Holden... Smartzone is the trunk radio equivalent.

Cheers

Richard

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:09 am

Bigfella237 wrote:
Mike Alpha wrote: ~ Will there be a major switch over of analogue VFs to P25 VFs soon to keep up with the switch over? It's going to be an interesting balancing act. ~ Mike
To answer your original question Mike, I think that things will pretty much stay as they are now until the Phase II agencies (ASNSW, NSWFB & NSWRFS etc.) migrate to P25 in November? They are heavy users and I don't think we could do without the remaining Type II voice channels until they actually move?

Once they've gone over to P25, I'm guessing that you will start to see the old Type II sites disappearing quite quickly as they're fully upgraded to P25?

Andrew
Andrew,

The time delay between Phase 2 and 3 is a few months maximum. Once that is over the network is back at full capacity & coverage. I can't see how it could be done any other way. There is a finite number of techs and admin people to do the work involved. No change over is painless & they don't come any bigger than this one. I guess one point that news needs to understand is that there are no new frequencies available so you can't keep the old system live while commissioning the new. They are reusing multi-couplers & antennas which obviously reduces time, risk (and $).

Cheers,

Richard

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:33 am

and that makes sense Richard, last thing you would want out government to do is increase risk and increase $$

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:28 pm

I'm moving further discussion on P25 migration back to the GRN P25 Pt2 topic in an attempt to keep this topic 'on topic'...

Andrew

Farsouthscanner

Post by Farsouthscanner » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:42 pm

Heard a conversation from TG 10246 on Peak Alone eariler. The site seem to change between 416.9125 and 417.1625.
EDIT: Same TG came onto Mumbulla Mountain as well.The two freqs were 416.7250 and 417.2250

Farsouthscanner

Post by Farsouthscanner » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:34 pm

The two freqs I have for Bimmil near Eden are 416.4375 and 416.9375