GRN Radio IDs?

nicho1s

GRN Radio IDs?

Post by nicho1s » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:08 pm

HI all,

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of radio id's for users on the GRN?
For instance 2000004 = FRNSW Dispatcher

Thanks

rustynswrail

Re: GRN Radio IDs?

Post by rustynswrail » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:24 pm

nicho1s wrote:HI all,
Does anyone have a comprehensive list of radio id's for users on the GRN?
For instance 2000004 = FRNSW Dispatcher
Thanks
Why not try and work it out for yourself?

R
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!

nicho1s

Post by nicho1s » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:34 am

I have a number of RIDs listed with the corresponding car/appliance/agency however i don't have the time to listen for hours and write down every ID.
Hence my question to see if someone else has this information on hand already

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:55 am

nicho1s wrote:I have a number of RIDs listed with the corresponding car/appliance/agency however i don't have the time to listen for hours and write down every ID. Hence my question to see if someone else has this information on hand already
This is a common problem with forums, as I have mentioned before. People join and within a short period ask for a comprehensive list that it may have taken others a considerable amount of time and effort to amass. Time is an issue for most of us, therefore it is easy to ask someone to hand over their hard work, without putting in the effort. Doing it yourself is a terrific learning curve, because YOU get know how systems are structured and relationships between users etc.

Google is one avenue to follow before saying gimme, gimme, gimme. Search and ye shall find! There are numerous sources of information that can be found with little effort or time for that matter.

I know some will disagree, others will support what I say, such is the nature of open debate. Some will say that this is what forums like this are for. That is sort of true, but they are about exchanging information, not untapped and unlimited sources of it.

Getting back to the main point, do some homework before copying from someone else homework book.

R
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:47 pm

We've generally tried to steer clear of bulk listing individual RIDs on this forum, an odd one here or there is okay when discussing an incident or similar but full-on lists take a LOT of time to manage, especially as callsigns tend to be somewhat fluid (some agencies more than others).

However we do have a listing of how RIDs are grouped between the different agencies here:

http://www.scansydney.com/board/viewtop ... =532#p4764

Although it hasn't been updated for a while as there are more and more encrypted users popping up who may never be identified.

Andrew

cartman

Post by cartman » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:57 pm

The other issue that has cropped up in the past that has made folk reticient to share too much is the problem of "pirates" on the GRN, though my understanding that has been fixed several years ago by authentication and some sort of ongoing agency handshake to say it (the radio) is legitimate. I don't understand how it is done but the XTL5000 on my desk at work is always "talking" to the P25 trunking system (red light flashing), even though it is not under use.
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

aunicho1s

Post by aunicho1s » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:41 am

I just want to make it VERY Clear this is not to log into the GRN or any other network for that matter.
I have a non affiliate radio and wanted the IDs to show the user rather than a radio ID numbe

news

Post by news » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:14 am

nicho1s wrote:I have a number of RIDs listed with the corresponding car/appliance/agency however i don't have the time to listen for hours and write down every ID.
Yes, no problem at all. you can get a huge list of RID's. just call (02) 9281 0000 and just ask for the list of RID's. Explain to the guy that you don't have time to write down all the ID's and that you need some ID's for your non affiliate radio so you can setup to see the ID's. You might be lucky as he is very understanding, usually he just emails a list but he might send someone around to assist you to program.

Let us know how you go ?

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:28 am

I have a number of RIDs listed with the corresponding car/appliance/agency however i don't have the time to listen for hours and write down every ID.
Do i have a list? Yes
Will i share it with you? No
Sorry mate i haven't spent the past dozen or so years logging stuff to share with someone who is a bit time poor and is a blow in. We all don't have infinite time to sit at a desk logging stuff but sometimes we use other methods like scanners that will record in our absence.
Honestly I'm sick of spoon feeding those who just cant be stuffed but expect others to do the hard yards for them, like yourself.
My suggestion, get cracking.
Regards.
M
VK2MRC