RFS Digitail traffic

greg

Re: RFS Digitail traffic

Post by greg » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:48 pm

Has any body considered that some of us only want to hit the scan button and listen :roll:

soupbones

Post by soupbones » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:19 am

Obviously they haven't.
Lack of consideration is common on Australian scanning forums. Always has been, always will be. It no wonder many people just don't want to contribute any more.

E=MC2

Post by E=MC2 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:51 am

BerryV wrote:Are you sure your not a catholic priest E=MC2 ?
That was back during the my younger years, During The Inquisition you kids think things are hard now back when I was a kid keeping your head was a full time job :P E=MC2

Re The sharing of information on any forum always seems to be a few who do it all, get used up and things are lean till a keen new forum member fills the void and so on and so on. I have had it happen to me a few times and in the past it was just freq's but now you must read and understand how things work and put in the time to get the best out of this great hobby. The last time I shared information and files in a large amount it turned up on other states web pages with in days ie TG's settings the lot it was my full 396t setup for the GSB. I also have talked a Scannsw forum member through setting up a new 396T's over the phone for over an hour and have not heard from that person since. Setting up the newer scanners has taken me quite sometime ie undrestanding tgs' Apco 25, GRN, and the like as I am old school but I put in the time. I am sure if you put in the time you will get help. It is just so many people these days will not even try, they just ask others to do the hard work and then you wont see them till the system changes or the like. The next day you get a knock at the door and G Day Mate I was in the area and I thought I should say gday and thank you for the scanner setup and here is a little somthing to say thanks. I have been meaning to drop it in for months now MATE. Speaking of the scanner could you just have a quick look at it for me as it seems to have a problem. Yes it has happened this bloke has more font than David Jones CBD store. I dont think that there are many people on this forum who know 99% of what is needed to know. I can only think of 1 or 2 at the most and they like most of us have put in the time and effort to understand what is needed to know and keep records of this information. If you live in the rural areas you are ok but if you live in town then you have to be in it to win it, put in the time and you will get it back. I am sure you will pick it up and I am more than happy to help you and other if you help yourselves first buy putting the time in. It is up to you. 73z E=MC2

vk2fear

Post by vk2fear » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:07 pm

soupbones i no wat u mean mate btw i finaly got a 396t.
soupbones wrote:Obviously they haven't.
Lack of consideration is common on Australian scanning forums. Always has been, always will be. It no wonder many people just don't want to contribute any more.
Call sign:VK2FEAR
SCANNING WITH:
FT8800 x2 - FT60 - UBC245XLT - UBC120 - UBC72XLT - UBC780xlt - UBCD396T -
UBCD996T x2 - TX-3800 x2 - T-2020 66/88mhz X 4 - T-2010 66/88mhz x4 - TS-480 sat