Drunk teen steals 14-tonne fire engine (Blue Mountains)

matthewn1983

Post by matthewn1983 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:07 pm

AN intoxicated teenager stole a 14-tonne fire engine and activated the emergency lights before eventually being pulled over in Sydney's Blue Mountains.

Police alleged the 16-year-old boy broke into a fire station at Lithgow and stole an Isuzu fire truck about 11.45pm on Friday.

He was pulled over a short time later by police and was breath tested, returning a positive reading of 0.045.

The teenager was issued a court attendance notice for novice range drink driving and other traffic matters.

He will be dealt with under the Young Offenders Act for the offences relating to breaking into the fire station and stealing the fire truck.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/dr ... z0ub4SiChF

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Re: Drunk teen steals 14-tonne fire engine (Blue Mountains)

Post by Bigfella237 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:21 pm

I say screw the young offenders act... if you do an adult crime you should do the adult time!

If these juvenile delinquents knew they were going to be some lifer's bitch for six months then maybe they would think twice before they do things like this?

Andrew

P.S. Sorry, you could say I'm biased on the subject after being a victim of one of these little pricks, I lost six grand worth of equipment out of a car thanks to some little scumbag (who probably didn't even know what they were taking), not to mention the extra thousand bucks worth of damage done smashing their way in and trying to get it started!

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:52 pm

The Young Offenders act was brought in i believe to deal with minor crimes such as small thefts rather than giving a kid a criminal record, its now being abused no end for any crime thats commited by someone under the age of 16 i believe...

16 and above can be tried as an adult...

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:31 am

i agree with both of ya, andrew for the job they did on your car, and andrew K for the way they abuse the friggen laws. seems anything they do there identity cant be revealed cos there under 18, what a joke they hide behind that secrecy. if they were given up im sure most wouldnt bother for being publicly embaressed.
another wonderful state govt joke
Matt
VK2MRC

matthewn1983

Post by matthewn1983 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:38 am

so you 1) break into a fire station. 2) break into a emergency service vehicle 3) steal that vehicle 4) drive unlicensed 5) drive whilist under influence.. there's 5, and probably more ( no seatbelt, using lights/sirens etc) and all you get is a court attendance notice and be dealt with under YOA? lol.. if it was an adult, im sure it would've been refused bail until court? may as well of rammed an ATM and stole some cash while he was at it, same result in the end.

rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:55 pm

matthewn1983 wrote:so you 1) break into a fire station. 2) break into a emergency service vehicle 3) steal that vehicle 4) drive unlicensed 5) drive whilist under influence.. there's 5, and probably more ( no seatbelt, using lights/sirens etc) and all you get is a court attendance notice and be dealt with under YOA? lol.. if it was an adult, im sure it would've been refused bail until court? may as well of rammed an ATM and stole some cash while he was at it, same result in the end.
I can almost guarantee that under the Untouchables Act, sorry I have to stop doing that, Young Offenders Act, he will get nothing more than a bond and at the very worse, community service. I know from my past experience in the system, that a young offender is rarely sentenced to a period of detention, unless it is a crime of violence.

R
Amateur Radio, when all other cures for insomnia fail!

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:25 pm

agree totally rusty...

I hate to say it but i reckon the new wave of atm ram raiders will probly come from kids under 18 as its an easy way out for organised crime to get their dirty work done..

E=MC2

Post by E=MC2 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:52 am

I think it is not a real good thing for anyone to steal anything kid or adult but put a kid in with adults would be a huge mistake as all this BS about the killing of the people who would be using this young bloke as a bitch is far from the real thing. The young bloke would be put with the knuckle dragger who is running the place and would be condoned by all the other rat's on the ship, as per The Sharp End, book by William Dodson who was a NSW Corrective Services Tactical Unit operator and then a member of the NSW Police TRG / SPG then went on too train the North Coast SPSG. It seems that the story about sexual predators being killed are more for the victim and family as these people seem to run the place and steal from each other and all the other stuff they did out of prison. If the community is unlucky enough that the young bloke did not hang himself before his release date we all now have a very very angry young bloke who may become a sexual predictor and may not be as keen on going back to being bitch again and now would be a much harder person than the young bloke the police came in contact with pre his bitch phase. I am not sure what the answer is as you can not put a old head on a young person but I dont think a trip to bitchville will be good for anyone but the knuckle dragger who has been given a young kid to keep his long cold winter nights a little better. 73z E=MC2

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:05 pm

E=MC2,

Sorry. maybe I'm missing something here but who said anything about "killing" anybody?

On the other note, I originally suggested these juveniles going to the big house more as a deterrent, as in:
~ maybe they would think twice before they do things like this ~
I never actually expected that any of them will be sent there!

This is obviously a subject that stirs emotion in some, perhaps some are previous victims (like myself), perhaps some just realise what a low act it is to steal something that someone else has had to earn?

Andrew

E=MC2

Post by E=MC2 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:27 pm

No Andrew I did not make it very clear, I did not mean the young bloke, I was thinking of the warm and fuzzy that people think of about child rapists being killed while living at one of the NSW Corrective Services hotels for the crim'z. It is not the case as these are very bad people and have done very bad things but it seems the more sick the individual is the higher in the pecking order and as stated the 1st pick of a new bitch so it is not the thing I as a tax payer like to think about but it seem's to be the truth as uncomfortable as it makes me feel it seems to be the way it is. I am not at all keen on the death penalty but I dont have any idea on how to fix these issues ie the Untouchables Act, as stated by Rusty and the above waste of your tax money and mine is more the issue but this is scanning / enjoyment and my apologies for lowering the tone. Have a great weekend and enjoy with your families. 73z Richard E=MC2