Embargo 71 for Commonwealth Games

freqwaves

Embargo 71 for Commonwealth Games

Post by freqwaves » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:25 pm

Has anyone else read about Embargo 71 for the upcoming Commonwealth Games in Brisbane?

https://www.acma.gov.au/-/media/Spectru ... .pdf?la=en

ACMA has already been visiting sites in the area making sure businesses are using type approved radios.
There is a total spectrum blackout unless you get a exemption from ACMA (Emergency services,business operations requirement)

Any QLD members expand on this?

Thanks, John.

Garry

Re: Embargo 71 for Commonwealth Games

Post by Garry » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:02 pm

I worked at the G20 a couple of years back in Brisbane, ALL of our comms gear was checked by ACMA Inspectors. During the G20 meetings at the Brisbane Entertainment Complex, where I was posted, ACMA staff were also walking around inside the building checking for rogue frequencies and users. I was informed that the same thing was happening at the other key G20 locations in Brisbane at the time
Happily Scanning Since 1983

freqwaves

Post by freqwaves » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:43 pm

We have customers (Hotels & clubs) in this area with some on commercial channels & others using UHFCB frequencies. If using a commercial radio on UHFCB then it has to be type approved for that band as well as the channel displayed or announced. For example if your on UHFCB Channel 9 your radio needs to indicate this by the dial or display or channel announcement. ACMA is checking this in Brisbane but also in Sydney,not sure if this is a push to get registered businesses to get a licensed commercial frequency & off the overused UHFCB freeband!

BrisbaneScan

Post by BrisbaneScan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:17 pm

ACMA have been very busy for the last few weeks in and around GOLDOC Sites, i have physically watched them locate a source of unlicenced interference in Coolangatta, they have also been visiting businesses to ensure they are complying with their licencing conditions and have visited Shopping Centres and Hotels around the area. was enjoyable to meet and talk with some of the boys
to many radios as 255 characters is not enough :)