Sydney Ch 7 website

cartman

Sydney Ch 7 website

Post by cartman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:51 pm

I was listening to what passes as channel 7 UHF Cb, (though most of the time it resembles a war zone) and heard somebody refer to the Channel 7 website

Grant

http://syd07.webs.com/
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

centralcoastscanman

Re: Sydney Ch 7 website

Post by centralcoastscanman » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:31 pm

I just took a look at that site then, and i am not one to speak ill of anyone's website but what a load of complete garbage...

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:44 pm

what the bloody hell is that Crap. seems a mix of crap photos and you tube links. can i have the 5 minutes of my life back after looking at it.
Fair Dinkom what a waste.
Matt
VK2MRC

cartman

Post by cartman » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:51 pm

Sums up cb radio pretty well .... Grant
Professional Scanner nut. Ibis bin chicken of radio scraps
Scanners:
Uniden 325P2, Whistler TRX-1, GRE PSR800 x 2, Uniden 780 x 3, Uniden 796, Uniden 396 x 2, Uniden 246,
Software:
DSD v2.368, Unitrunker, Trunkview

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:42 pm

yes i'd say it does Grant... only channel I ever use is Ch 40 as some of the stuff the truckies chat about on the freeway makes for some interesting listening.... scary but funny....

There are some other examples of really great cb websites but i'm not going to mention any names as the owner of said site threatned me with legal action when I asked him to remove my business advertisement from his site...

Bring back in CB licenses I say to get rid of the idiot population that are wasting channels space in the UHFCB allocation

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:25 pm

centralcoastscanman wrote: ~ Bring back in CB licenses I say to get rid of the idiot population that are wasting channels space in the UHFCB allocation
Here here!

I couldn't agree more but unless someone allocated the ACMA about ten times more money at the same time to initially get more inspectors on the road it wouldn't make any difference?

Andrew

centralcoastscanman

Post by centralcoastscanman » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:37 pm

yeah true, other option is change the channel allocation totally making all existing UHFCB gear useless... provide funding to those legit organisations like WICEN etc that need access to the gear then anyone else who wants to get access must get a license and then purchase the gear...

might not be a popular choice but heck it would solve the problem

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:10 am

yeah true, other option is change the channel allocation totally making all existing UHFCB gear useless... provide funding to those legit organisations like WICEN etc that need access to the gear then anyone else who wants to get access must get a license and then purchase the gear...
HI all, think carefully about that. you may make that gear unlicenced but we already have a problem with people calling 'brian' for a chat and his mate answering back 'nah mate not this channel' on channel X plus other dodgy callsigns on there. thats illegal already yet people still do it (it gets me quite annoyed).
think also the many thousands of cocky's(farmers) and private users who use the CB properly, try telling a cocky that he needs to replace his FM620 that he's had since new cos some boneheads in sydney dont know how to behave. i already know what he'd say.
I know down here i can have the CB on in the house with no problems you get the odd truckie swearing in 40 but thats about it, i ususally have the CB on 40 in the car around the place but switch it off when i hit Skyline near Mittagong, so do most truck drivers i know.
I think the big problem with CB is a sydney based one as it always has been. Licencing and more RI's might crack the problem a bit, but given its not high on the governments list of priorities = less funding. for the record i had a licence in the past and wouldnt mind one again?
cheers
Matt
VK2MRC

soupbones

Post by soupbones » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:56 pm

cartman wrote:Sums up cb radio pretty well .... Grant
Not wrong, and now they may be getting 80 channels to be total f#*kwits on...

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:02 pm

As long as they're not getting a bigger chunk of spectrum I don't really care what they do with that slice of RF ;)