Uniden 996T sits on boot screen and won't go any further

Mr Flibble
Site Admin

Uniden 996T sits on boot screen and won't go any further

Post by Mr Flibble » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:43 pm

Hi all,

Seems my 996T has karked it, goes through the two boot screens and stays stuck on Copyright 2006 Uniden Australia Corp. All Rights Reserved.

It is an AU model, I've tried reflashing it with V1.01.05 Aus firmware, popped the scanner into firmware loading mode by holding 6 + L/O + Turning On, went to blank firmware loading screen, loaded the firmware and it stated it completed successfully.

But alas the problem is still there, it's stuck on the boot screen and won't start scanning...

I've also tried writing programming to it but Uniden, Freescan and ARC all fail to see the scanner to write to it, I've also tried writing to it in firmware mode and it won't find it there either...

I did recently (Few weeks ago) add GPS to the scanner which has been working fine.

Any thoughts before I phone up and abuse Uniden? ;)

AJ
Last edited by Mr Flibble on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Flibble
Site Admin

Re: Uniden 996T sits on boot screen and won't go any further

Post by Mr Flibble » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:12 pm

Awesome I fixed it by resetting to factory default!

Instructions

1 Rotate the "Power/Vol" knob left to turn off the scanner.
2 Press the "2," "9" and "Hold" keys simultaneously and hold them.
3 Rotate the "Power/Vol" knob right to turn the scanner on while continuing to hold the keys. The display will read, "Restore Preprogram List? Yes=E/No=."
4 Press the "." key. The scanner will then reset itself back to the factory default settings.