Zeon 800Mhz radios / bases for sale

ivahri

Re: Zeon 800Mhz radios / bases for sale

Post by ivahri » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:59 pm

What has that got to do with it? If they are licenced, fair enough. But they aren't are they? So in a band such as 800MHz an illegally programmed and unlicenced service has the potential to cause serious problems.

news

Post by news » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:10 pm

ivahri wrote:What has that got to do with it? If they are licenced, fair enough. But they aren't are they? So in a band such as 800MHz an illegally programmed and unlicenced service has the potential to cause serious problems.
Of course they/we are licenced. pay your monthly fee and it comes as is. When I posted that simplex programming is available I suggest you check(via PM) to see who I work for before running with wild claims.

gus289

Post by gus289 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:37 pm

news wrote:
ivahri wrote:And who has 800MHz TETRA simplex assignments? I think ACMA might be interested in this one. TDMA equipment like this has the potential to cause serious interference in the hands of idiots.

Cheers,

Richard
Come on richard, fair go mate.

Have you actually used a Zeon radio ? most have simplex channels in them.
Well Zeon is a network and the big M do not Let you have simplex in a Zeon radio so you stay on the network and pay. And a TETRA/Zeon radio will work simplex as P25, trobo, nexedge all can. OH and pay the ACMA and all will be ok.

freqwaves

Post by freqwaves » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:57 am

It's against ebay policy to sell commercial radio equipment on their site.
I know because I had two ads removed for selling radios which are out of the amateur & UHFCB bands.

John.

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:20 am

Nothing personal John but that just can't be right? Have you seen how much Motorola gear is on there?

Andrew

soupbones

Post by soupbones » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:53 am

Think your confusing illegally modified gear with commercial gear.

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:39 am

news wrote:
ivahri wrote:What has that got to do with it? If they are licenced, fair enough. But they aren't are they? So in a band such as 800MHz an illegally programmed and unlicenced service has the potential to cause serious problems.
Of course they/we are licenced. pay your monthly fee and it comes as is. When I posted that simplex programming is available I suggest you check(via PM) to see who I work for before running with wild claims.
First, I didn't "claim" anything. Second, who you work for is of no concern to me because I've known employees of suppliers & government agencies that do things with radios that isn't legal. That becomes more plausible when we start talking about something like this. I asked you a question and you now say the gear is licenced- fine. Asked & answered.

And sorry, I am very wary of anonymous posters advertising equipment. There has been so much stolen/pirated equipment passed around this way that I now pass it on to ACMA & Police first & then let them work out if it is legal. Most of the time it isn't- so if anyone thinks forums like this aren't being watched, think again.

Cheers,

Richard

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:46 am

gus289 wrote:
news wrote:
ivahri wrote:And who has 800MHz TETRA simplex assignments? I think ACMA might be interested in this one. TDMA equipment like this has the potential to cause serious interference in the hands of idiots.

Cheers,

Richard
Come on richard, fair go mate.

Have you actually used a Zeon radio ? most have simplex channels in them.
Well Zeon is a network and the big M do not Let you have simplex in a Zeon radio so you stay on the network and pay. And a TETRA/Zeon radio will work simplex as P25, trobo, nexedge all can. OH and pay the ACMA and all will be ok.
Except this gear is 800MHz... not a land mobile band in Australia. So you can't use it as P25 etc on the frequency band this gear is on. And sorry you cannot just "pay ACMA" and all will be OK if (a) the equipment does not operate within Australian bandplanning, or (b) the equipment may not even be type approved for that operation. If I was handing over my hard earned I would do some serious checking as the fines could hurt (and so could the damages if you just happen to cause interference to a Carrier).

Cheers,

Richard

ivahri

Post by ivahri » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:36 pm

news wrote:
Hoodwinked wrote:
I can program "simplex" channels if someone on here got them. They can be put on the network, just will be a pain
Hi News,

Just as a discussion point (BTW as it was not me who bought them :)) , I thought that TETRA radios could only work with the network infrastructure in place and could not be used simplex.

I take it the fact that you have written it as "simplex" means something?

Cheers
Radios work simplex(radio to radio) just fine. the software is a huge pain to get along with the programming leads but it can be done
Well News!

I did some digging this morning & what you wrote was nonsense... the only 800MHz frequencies available for Zeon are licenced to Motorola. Please note- Motorola, not the radio user. Moto take a dim view to pirates, and that is what you would be doing if you program these for simplex or anything else. I have forwarded on the info to Moto as they have a good relationship with EBay, ACMA, and the Police. People need to understand that using a commercial network (much like the GRN) is just like renting a house... you have no "property rights" so when you stop paying to use the network there is no right to on-sell the radios unless you own your own network or channels (which is very unlikely to happen).

Regards,

Richard

freqwaves

Post by freqwaves » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:41 am

Nothing personal John but that just can't be right? Have you seen how much Motorola gear is on there?
I was selling Kenwood TK930 & 940 800mhz LTR trunk radios as the Yanks were interested in them.I already sold one to a guy in America & had advertised them a few times before ebay sent me a email notifying me that they had been removed and to read their policy on selling radio communication equipment through their site.I read the policy and it is what I stated above but as you mention I have seen other commercial equipment sold on there too.Maybe they just changed the policy & now it has been enforced.I haven't looked lately at what other commercial gear is still on there for sale.
John.