Aldi radio 'network'

Mike Alpha

Aldi radio 'network'

Post by Mike Alpha » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:49 pm

Interestingly, Aldi have 461 radio licenses for their in-store comms. Some are repeaters others simplex.

http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/clien ... O=20020867

You'd think UHF CB would have sufficed :?

Mike

matthewn1983

Re: Aldi radio 'network'

Post by matthewn1983 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:53 pm

Aldi, Officeworks, Anaconda, K-Mart, and a few other chain stores are all running the same gear.

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:45 am

And thank God UHFCB did not suffice!

It annoys the crap out of me when businesses use the CB, I've even seen government users (such as roadworks crews) using it for day-to-day operations.

Andrew

Garry

Post by Garry » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:50 am

Don't get me started on this topic,,,, I can feel a rant building lol
Happily Scanning Since 1983

Longreach

Post by Longreach » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:46 pm

Any business, government or otherwise who uses CB for their comms deserve all that they get. Its not secure and its simply people being tightarses.
We had a security mob using Ch14 down here with DCS. They didn't last long after they copped it from people who were up for a stir.
Cheers
VK2MRC

Mike Alpha

Post by Mike Alpha » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:33 pm

Longreach wrote:Any business, government or otherwise who uses CB for their comms deserve all that they get. Its not secure and its simply people being tightarses.
We had a security mob using Ch14 down here with DCS. They didn't last long after they copped it from people who were up for a stir.
Cheers
A surveyor friend told me of the dramas he had with his expensive Motorola 2 way radios which the supplier programmed with UHFCB channels and the barrage of abuse they would get every time they spoke on their channel. I asked which channel that was and he said channel 31....in Sydney!

I explained what was happening and got him to use a different channel and use low power.

Mike

matthewn1983

Post by matthewn1983 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:40 pm

Mike Alpha wrote:
Longreach wrote:Any business, government or otherwise who uses CB for their comms deserve all that they get. Its not secure and its simply people being tightarses.
Cheers
A surveyor friend told me of the dramas he had with his expensive Motorola 2 way radios which the supplier programmed with UHFCB channels and the barrage of abuse they would get every time they spoke on their channel. I asked which channel that was and he said channel 31....in Sydney!

I explained what was happening and got him to use a different channel and use low power.

Mike
It's just as bad as some of these construction sites in Sydney with the UHF CB Channel allocation signposted at the gate, 31-37. Theres a site somewhere near Silverwater I'm assuming it's for the M4 Upgrade, using the input to Channel 3 as site channel.

JAFO

Post by JAFO » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:10 pm

One of the big issues is communication outlets selling Commercial Gear and saying to companies they have a private radio channel allocation, but programming UHF Radio Channels with Tone Squelch settings to block out all the local crap.

One crane mob I worked with, said they paid $10k for 10 Mobile & Portable Radio's on a private channel . . . one of the managers were not happy when I showed him his radio's were on the UHF CB Network
JAFO
VK2FGQ

UBCD369XT, UBCD536-PT, UBCD436-PT