Bandplan files for UniTrunker ?

POCSAG, Mobitex
geodementia

Bandplan files for UniTrunker ?

Post by geodementia » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:26 am

Back on the old forum I believe there were some bandplan files for the GRN and other services that people had kindly posted for UniTrunker . . . .

I'm just getting around to installing UT now that I have had a major rebuild of my PC here, but didn't think to grab those files (didn't think the forum would fold :cry: )

Anyway, does anyone have these bandplan files for UT that can be uploaded again here ??

Wonky

Re: Bandplan files for UniTrunker ?

Post by Wonky » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:05 pm

Geoff,

Are you using the old DOS version or the new Windows version?

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:11 pm

Gday Geoff,

I had a sticky up on the old forum with a link to the bandplan file I created.

Here it is again:- http://users.tpg.com.au/mrobert7/Moto3A0D.PLN

Cheers,
Matt

geodementia

Post by geodementia » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:05 am

Thanks - Got it this time :-)

I'm trying the Windows version, but so far haven't had any luck. Seems I'm not getting any audio from the disriminator tap I put on the radio (an old AR8000 handheld). Using the earphone out also hasn't resulted in any decode, although I see the signal on the scope.....

Will keep playing when I don't have the kids hassling me for attention :roll:

citabria
Site Admin

Post by citabria » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:16 pm

Hi Geoff,

I usually find the earphone out doesn't decode, the audio filters always mess the signal up too much for it to be of any use. I suggest tracing your disc tap with a CRO to see where its going wrong...

Cheers,
Matt

astro_boy

Post by astro_boy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:29 am

Can anyone re-upload the file for the 3A0D system?

Also, does unitrunker pick up the voice channels automatically with the new p25 system?
As mine lists the CCs but not Voice channels.

Bigfella237
Location: In geosynchronous orbit above the Far South Coast of NSW, Australia

Post by Bigfella237 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:28 am

astro_boy wrote:Also, does unitrunker pick up the voice channels automatically with the new p25 system? As mine lists the CCs but not Voice channels.
Not automatically, voice channel LCNs are only included in the control channel data once a radio requests (and is given) a channel grant; that means you will have to sit and watch the site until it sees some radio traffic, which on a busy site will have you all the voice channels listed in a matter of minutes but on a quiet country site it may take days or even weeks to get all the voice channels?

Some sites appear to distribute the traffic fairly evenly across all their voice channels and others seem to favour one channel over the others (on one of the sites I monitor, one particular voice channel has twice as many hits as the other two) or maybe it's just coincidence?

Andrew